something worth thinking about

dapper64

one of our club members went fishing on a fairly remote river without telling his wife where,and he fell in and smashed his head on a rock,he did manage to drag himself out,and in a dazed condition with blood gushing from a four inch wound he strolled across a field and found a farm,where the farmers wife rang him an ambulance,now I'm thinking this could have ended up a lot worse if there was no farm near by because he hadn't told anybody where he had gone,how many times have any of you gone out fishing without telling anybody where abouts ?

one of our club members went fishing on a fairly remote river without telling his wife where,and he fell in and smashed his head on a rock,he did manage to drag himself out,and in a dazed condition with blood gushing from a four inch wound he strolled across a field and found a farm,where the farmers wife rang him an ambulance,now I'm thinking this could have ended up a lot worse if there was no farm near by because he hadn't told anybody where he had gone,how many times have any of you gone out fishing without telling anybody where abouts ?

Most of the time!!!!!!!!!

Hope he's feeling better now.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Every angler should have a waterproof phone. Mine is a Samsung and is dust proof and shock resistant to military spec as well as being waterproof - it even has a built in torch.

Despite being tough it looks just like any other basic phone.

The thing only cost me fifty notes and is unlocked.

A battery charge on it lasts about a fortnight - consider that smartphone users.

Personally, I have it as my main phone but you could as easily slip your main SIM into it when you go fishing or simply carry it as an emergency phone in addition to your smartphone as a mate of mine does.

The only thing it wont deal with is a lack of signal but as the infrastructure becomes ubiquitous, I encounter that less and less often.

Edit: I suppose I'd best include a link.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Every angler should have a waterproof phone. Mine is a Samsung and is dust proof and shock resistant to military spec as well as being waterproof - it even has a built in torch.

A battery charge on it lasts about a fortnight - consider that smartphone users.

Personally, I have it as my main phone but you could as easily slip your main SIM into it when you go fishing or simply carry it as an emergency phone in addition to your smartphone as a mate of mine does.

The only thing it wont deal with is a lack of signal but as the infrastructure becomes ubiquitous, I encounter that less and less often.

Can it be worked on 'pay-as-you-go'?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Can it be worked on 'pay-as-you-go'?

Yes absolutely.

My SIM is an old PAYG one that's so old i can't even remember the company that originally served the contract but it now runs on the T-Mobile network.

I just never got around to updating it because it does what I need and if I put £20 and don't use the phone for a year, I still have £20 credit.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Funny you should bring the B2100 up this week ken as ive just finished mine off after 2.5 years of faultless use (which is 5 times longer than any other phone ive owned). Life's hard and isn't usually very long for a mobile when you spend most of it on a building site. Mine even went in the river a couple of times (once mid conversation in 3 foot of water and i didn't even lose the person on the other end) which had no effect on it.

I think there are some newer versions of it out now with a little bit bigger screen and 3G so i might try one of them next. The B2100 isn't much good for the Internet, but if its just a tough waterproof phone with a camera you want and your an outside kind of person, their spot on.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Funny you should bring the B2100 up this week ken as ive just finished mine off after 2.5 years of faultless use (which is 5 times longer than any other phone ive owned). Life's hard and isn't usually very long for a mobile when you spend most of it on a building site. Mine even went in the river a couple of times (once mid conversation in 3 foot of water and i didn't even lose the person on the other end) which had no effect on it.

I think there are some newer versions of it out now with a little bit bigger screen and 3G so i might try one of them next. The B2100 isn't much good for the Internet, but if its just a tough waterproof phone with a camera you want and your an outside kind of person, their spot on.

I might invest in one of them, they sound great and at the price in kens link deffo reasonable.

Edited by Tigger