Great weekend

JV44

Motored out onto the Thames Friday and had a load of Roach and Dace on maggot feeder then same again on Saturday and a few perch to lives then caught a realtree unhooking matt which had blown of the EA boat that were electrofishing the local weirpool and main channel one sweep of each had a dozen big Chub and 3 carp over twenty ,So gratefull were tha chaps for rewturn of there matt that they let me take a few piccys ...know some of the TAC guys have been on these downstream but a first for me so well interesting and they said best return they had from starting at the top end to date for 2 quick sweeps so a happy chap was i

They only weighed a couple of the fish a Chub of around 6lb 4oz and a common of 23lb but a few of the Chub they measured for length afterwards looked bgger to me...one by some margin ,they then dissapeared into the darkness to try the islands lower down .

Rusty turned up for a cuppa and fluked a few fish but dissapeared for a Curry so missed the Ea bit ....just for him

014-5.jpg

015-7.jpg

016-8.jpg

017-7.jpg

018-5.jpg

019-3.jpg

021-4.jpg

022-3.jpg

024-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

025-2.jpg

Bream oblig in the catch as well and a Pike

Great weekend good pub great beer a few fish happy days

Rusty the Cobra feeder fishing strike ace

007-6.jpg

Dogs realy hate the boat

009-7.jpg

Interesting to see the results of the scale aging of the Chub...will see if thames Steve can find outas through the TAC he has lots of dealings with the EA fisheries guys Steve

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Interesting pic's Steve, thank's for sharing. Chris not well or summot...using a egg beater...shame on him :lol:;)

He will be thrown out of the lythe owners club when the papers run the story Ian :rolleyes: ,How are the pups doing mate???

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

He will be thrown out of the lythe owners club when the papers run the story Ian :rolleyes: ,How are the pups doing mate???

I thought the pups where doin ok until the day before yesterday when one seemed to have gripe or something else causing it intense pain. It seemed to recover after hours of TLC and then yesterday it re-occured so bad that I had to put an end to it's suffering. Anyway we have three left but still touch and go, that's the problem with prematures. They'll be two weeks old tomorrow morning. I'm gonna go feed them in 20 min's then 3am, then 6 am and that continues until their bellies stretch enough to take enough food to leave them longer. At least the hourly feeds have gone...propper tireing that. I just had to pull two 3 wk old macaws for handrearing n'all....more stress, it never ends !!

Thank's for asking Steve ;) .

Great pics Steve, just shows what’s there and that was only after a couple of sweeps. Did you have a good look at the electrode thingies they were using? If we could attach one of those to the portabote I’ve a feeling our watercraft would improve immeasurably, big savings on bait too. I’ll knock up a prototype this evening, no batteries I’m afraid but I’ve a long extension cord so it’ll be mains operated.

Your camera must be very good to have got the shot of me striking, it was such a swift gazelle like movement.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Great pics Steve, just shows what's there and that was only after a couple of sweeps. Did you have a good look at the electrode thingies they were using? If we could attach one of those to the portabote I've a feeling our watercraft would improve immeasurably, big savings on bait too. I'll knock up a prototype this evening, no batteries I'm afraid but I've a long extension cord so it'll be mains operated.

Your camera must be very good to have got the shot of me striking, it was such a swift gazelle like movement.

Mate i have a couple of you awaiting the bite shots coiled like a cobra tongue sticking out of the side of the mouth in anticipation styleee but i thought that was toooo cruel :rolleyes: ,What i reckon is we speak to steve the locky borrow an extension lead or 3 row round the pool throwing a pluged in hair dryer at strategic places and see what floats up............What could possibly go wrong :idea::wallbash: .

Taking the hounds for a walk just afterwards to the green 2 couples came past to get to there day boat they had moored there and they were :drunk: big style ,Whilst having a chat with the carper fishing there [telling him the Ea had just emptied the river and he may as well go home :rolleyes: ] he said one of the women had fallen out of the boat earlier whilst getting out ....what to do ?you say anything and it`s instant we have been boating for a zillion years and fisticuffs with the blokes who were large individuals.....We left em to it and they shot off downstream and we saw no bodies the next morning so they must have made it but?????? Darwinian moment .

Tigger well done on the effort involved in the pups if they make it you will look back and think it was all worthwhile even if you ain`t getting much sleep at the moment

Great photo's and rare ones to get hold of. Many thanks for sharing them.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Thames is looking rather nice at the moment, I thought - I had a few little pike on soft plastics a bit downstream of Lechlade last night, nice flow and colour.

JV, thanks for this, very interesting indeed! Great photos. No perch? I wonder if they were too small (comparatively) to get zapped?

Steve W, the river is looking perfect right now! Good flow and a lovely colour, if it wasn't for the trees on the leaves I'd say it was in perfect winter trim :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music