Dear believer

robtherake

blimey what a great company ,in real life the bottom of the pile wouldn't be allowed a perch at all :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant think of any other example in civil sociaty, where predudice and segrigation is activley encouraged, indocrination promoted,where injuy can be inficted both mentaly and physicly, abuse is abuse even if it is well meaning. I supose trying to save your childs soul from eternal damnation is every bodies duty from a theological piont of veiw trouble is how do you know if youve done it or not, who keeps the tally its not like theres a big excell spread sheet that you can refer to is it?

But there is evedence that isnt anicdotal that would suggest there are beter ways to bring up a child who will be equiped to function in such a way as to not go around Scareing ,bullying , killing and mutalating in the name of the almighty.

I am at a bit of a disadvantage in this debate as I can not access the vidio in the opening post so I can only make comment on the posts that I have read.

I cant see any evidence of Emma trying to champion any type of cause other than the pionts brought up as relevant in this thread.

One thing that I do struggle with is a lot (not all) of poeple of faith come through the bred in method. farther to son mother to daughter root, they profess to be happy and who am I to argue with them the trouble is they start telling me I could be happpier if I blinkerd my self and try there way, not realy seeing that I see them as blinkerd as they see me.

To sum up I feel faith schools should not exist, circumsision for non medical reasons be delayed until adult hood excuse the pun! female circumsission be out lawed as this is nothing short OF GBH, and all forms of sectarian activity be treated in teh same way as racisum,or homophobia why should it be treated in any differant way,

this forum is an exelent example of diverseity of thought and how we all think our way is the only way I have in the past seen the most liberal of poeple have there veiws lambasted by poeple of polar extremes the term Do gooder is used like doing good is a bad thing and somthing as simple as good mannors is branded as PC. Yet these values put in a religious wrapper become either OK or Nonscence depending on the prevailing wind.

Good debate

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I cant think of any other example in civil sociaty, where predudice and segrigation is activley encouraged, indocrination promoted,where injuy can be inficted both mentaly and physicly, abuse is abuse even if it is well meaning. I supose trying to save your childs soul from eternal damnation is every bodies duty from a theological piont of veiw trouble is how do you know if youve done it or not, who keeps the tally its not like theres a big excell spread sheet that you can refer to is it?

But there is evedence that isnt anicdotal that would suggest there are beter ways to bring up a child who will be equiped to function in such a way as to not go around Scareing ,bullying , killing and mutalating in the name of the almighty.

I am at a bit of a disadvantage in this debate as I can not access the vidio in the opening post so I can only make comment on the posts that I have read.

I cant see any evidence of Emma trying to champion any type of cause other than the pionts brought up as relevant in this thread.

One thing that I do struggle with is a lot (not all) of poeple of faith come through the bred in method. farther to son mother to daughter root, they profess to be happy and who am I to argue with them the trouble is they start telling me I could be happpier if I blinkerd my self and try there way, not realy seeing that I see them as blinkerd as they see me.

To sum up I feel faith schools should not exist, circumsision for non medical reasons be delayed until adult hood excuse the pun! female circumsission be out lawed as this is nothing short OF GBH, and all forms of sectarian activity be treated in teh same way as racisum,or homophobia why should it be treated in any differant way,

this forum is an exelent example of diverseity of thought and how we all think our way is the only way I have in the past seen the most liberal of poeple have there veiws lambasted by poeple of polar extremes the term Do gooder is used like doing good is a bad thing and somthing as simple as good mannors is branded as PC. Yet these values put in a religious wrapper become either OK or Nonscence depending on the prevailing wind.

Good debate

A great post, especially the last paragraph. Without having seen the footage, you've managed to espouse the philosophy expressed in the video.

I don't understand why you can't play it though: it's standard YouTube fare. Maybe this will help.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Good debate

I think that was a good post too...especially the last paragraph.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Thank you

I am on a work computor with a stazi like smut filter it very awkward to view links of the you tube type.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Thank you

I am on a work computor with a stazi like smut filter it very awkward to view links of the you tube type.

if the software to monitor activity and website content is on one of the other computers it should be as simple as unplugging it from the network to get past it. thats how it worked in my previous place of employment :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

if the software to monitor activity and website content is on one of the other computers it should be as simple as unplugging it from the network to get past it. thats how it worked in my previous place of employment :)

Andy its taken me twenty od years to work out how to turn one on, youve just gone right over my head with that bit of advise :lol:

joking aside the filter sits on the server so it all doe on the way through if you know what I mean.

انا آكل كل الفطائر

"I was beaten all the time as a child and it never did me any harm"

Usually quoted by individuals who seem to have an urge to hit children.

Hmmm, maybe it did more harm than you thought ;)

Not sure what this is aimed at but nowhere did i say i hit my kids or that i was hit as a kid. I didn't and i wasn't.

C'mon keep with the programme mate.

My arguement is that the UN can make all the laws, recommendations, acts, name it what you will

in real time the abuse and the exploitation of kids will still go on.

Emma two, i'd prefer not to take the middle ground as you put it but i will agree to disagree

as your idea of rights and my idea of them differ so much.

At least my ideas are mine and not the UNs

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Not sure what this is aimed at but nowhere did i say i hit my kids or that i was hit as a kid. I didn't and i wasn't.

C'mon keep with the programme mate.

My arguement is that the UN can make all the laws, recommendations, acts, name it what you will

in real time the abuse and the exploitation of kids will still go on.

Emma two, i'd prefer not to take the middle ground as you put it but i will agree to disagree

as your idea of rights and my idea of them differ so much.

At least my ideas are mine and not the UNs

You were asked to explain why you consider your life/world as the real one and mine by definition 'unreal'. now can you have a go at that, or were they just some words you slung together to try and sound 'right on'?

I'll remind you that you consider children to be without rights, and that is a difficult position to start talkin' to decent people from.

if your still persisting in the notion that children don't have any rights and for the UN to draw up the articles constitutes a waste of time,then have a look here...

Childen's rights UK

http://www.lawstuff.org.uk/the-facts/what-...drens-rights#q2

Or this...

Chidrens rights Australia

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/child-rights/australia.php

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

You were asked to explain why you consider your life/world as the real one and mine by definition 'unreal'. now can you have a go at that, or were they just some words you slung together to try and sound 'right on'?

I'll remind you that you consider children to be without rights, and that is a difficult position to start talkin' to decent people from.

if your still persisting in the notion that children don't have any rights and for the UN to draw up the articles constitutes a waste of time,then have a look here...

Childen's rights UK

http://www.lawstuff.org.uk/the-facts/what-...drens-rights#q2

Or this...

Chidrens rights Australia

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/child-rights/australia.php

You still don't get it do you.

To me living in the real world means that it doesn't matter what rules and regulations

you make it doesn't change things.

You sit there in your ivory tower trying to sound superior by saying The UN says you can't do that .Is it working ,no it's not.

will it ever work ,no it won't.

I do differentiate between abuse and discipline.

And whats this sounding right on BS.

Get of your Bl@@dy high horse and realise that not everyone has to think and act like Emma two, i do have opions

that happen to be my opinions, not someone elses.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/