Cotswolds / Nailsworth?

DJMCJERICO

Hi all, First off let me apologise for the newbie or long gone inactive member topic asking for advice, I know when I was an active member I often thought it was a bit of a cheek people coming in, asking for help never to be seen or heard of again.

After a few years of not a lot of fishing happening in my life due to moving to the city I can't get enough of it again & this weekend a chance long weekend has come up with a couple of days free for fishing.

So to the point, I've been teaching a friend over the last few weeks to fish & she'd picked it up really well & will be fishing with me this weekend, I'm after somewhere to fish local that has a variety of fish for the wagler and / or quiver tip rods, I can see locally from maps that there are a lot of streams and ponds in Cherrington and also a few miles north but I'm not having much luck finding out any information and most importantly fishing rights, I leave tomorrow morning :o

If anybody has help or advice it would be very much appreciated & I promise to start using the forum more frequently :D

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Guest redfin2
Hi all, First off let me apologise for the newbie or long gone inactive member topic asking for advice, I know when I was an active member I often thought it was a bit of a cheek people coming in, asking for help never to be seen or heard of again.

After a few years of not a lot of fishing happening in my life due to moving to the city I can't get enough of it again & this weekend a chance long weekend has come up with a couple of days free for fishing.

So to the point, I've been teaching a friend over the last few weeks to fish & she'd picked it up really well & will be fishing with me this weekend, I'm after somewhere to fish local that has a variety of fish for the wagler and / or quiver tip rods, I can see locally from maps that there are a lot of streams and ponds in Cherrington and also a few miles north but I'm not having much luck finding out any information and most importantly fishing rights, I leave tomorrow morning :o

If anybody has help or advice it would be very much appreciated & I promise to start using the forum more frequently :D

Hi

I used to live in Tetbury, just a couple of miles from Cherrington, it's a syndicate water or was, so that might be a problem, it's a out and out carp venue. The streams are small and not worth fishing, believe me I know :D

You have the Frome that runs through Nailsworth, it's a lovely little river where you can catch plenty of trout and chub. These areas are 'free' and I used to trot a stick float to catch, there are a few good deeper areas that hold fish, such as old mill pools, some hold carp too!! I had a 16lb ish mirror from such a place on free lined bread. These carp are escapees,and I was told that the 'Ring Of Bright Water' pond was the pond that lost a few residents :)

Malmesbury will give you more scope with the Bristol Avon, but it a club water, (Bristol Almgamated Anglers) that is open to all.

I appreciate this might come to you a bit late, but might be of use in the future....feel free to message me if you wish.