Facebook slander

robtherake

Facebooks report process under the HELP options is the best way to have both his comments and his account access removed. They can even ban by ip address so he can't recreate his account on his home pc network connection.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignoring it won't stop the Libel Emma.

Your right of course, it won't stop it, but she won't be able to see it and have to read it which is what is causing the upset.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

My daughter is 23, so I believe that's her own choice.

And mine is 34, and I gave her the same advice only a few days ago fter she became upset at the things her ex husbands new partner was posting there. I cannot 'make', nor do I try mske her to do anything, she being very firmly an adult, and in possesion of her own mind. However she She took the advice and escaped as best one can from FB and is much happier for doing it.

I have a page on their, I opened one just to follow and keep in touch with soe ex serice people almost all of whom I know (real time) but rarely go in there are as lots of other people who I have no interst in communicating with pop up. I think people go a bit silly in there and tell far too much about themselves to anyone who choosess to look.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

And mine is 34, and I gave her the same advice only a few days ago fter she became upset at the things her ex husbands new partner was posting there. I cannot 'make', nor do I ry her to do anything, she being very firmly an adult, and in possesion of her own mind. However she She took the advice and escaped as best one can from FB and is much happier for doing it.

I have a page on their, I opened one just to follow and keep in touch with soe ex serice people almost all of whom I know (real time) but rarely go in there are as lots of other people who I have no interst in communicating with pop up. I think people go a bit silly in there and tell far too much about themselves to anyone who choosess to look.

She's pretty sensible, Emma, and doesn't post sensitive personal material. As far as I can see, she only uses the site as a communication tool (like most of her generation), and I don't see why she should forced to withdraw from that because of this individual.

One way or another, this issue will be dealt with.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

rob,

Hummm? Is the obvious not available in the UK. We call the cops. They have a huge cyber unit. If it is illegal they will bust the guy. - Even suggestive or taunting (sp).

Phone

I took it to the cops, Phone. Apparently he hasn't gone far enough to warrant prosecution, but a friend who also has a beef with the guy intends to exact a quite different type of retribution outside of the judicial system. Suits me fine.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

She's pretty sensible, Emma, and doesn't post sensitive personal material. As far as I can see, she only uses the site as a communication tool (like most of her generation), and I don't see why she should forced to withdraw from that because of this individual.

One way or another, this issue will be dealt with.

I have no reason to believe anyhting other than what you say regarding her sense, and your right that she shouldn't have to be the one to withdraw, but is staying in there really worth all the mental anguish?

And look at what it is going to lead to, get her fishin' or arguing in our non fishin' chats here ;)

Edited by Emma two

I would say go for it but be prepared for hefty legal bills no legal aid is availerble as far as I know for Slander or Liable

thats why its mostly the rich who pursue such cases. Are there threats impied or otherwise in the posts these would be a better way to go legaly. I know nothing of face book other than Ive found a few old mukkers on there and met them for a beer.

I dont post on it at all It is with utter disbilief I find poeple playing thier lives out on it beats me why they do it.

I wish you and your daughter well mate and Hope things come right

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I dont post on it at all It is with utter disbilief I find poeple playing thier lives out on it beats me why they do it.

It astounds me too, especially the amount of personal information they feel the need to post.

I would say go for it but be prepared for hefty legal bills no legal aid is availerble as far as I know for Slander or Liable

thats why its mostly the rich who pursue such cases. Are there threats impied or otherwise in the posts these would be a better way to go legaly. I know nothing of face book other than Ive found a few old mukkers on there and met them for a beer.

I wish you and your daughter well mate and Hope things come right

Cheers, Bud. I'm not a Facebook user full stop, but I can see it has it's uses. Me, I prefer to live in the real world.