Anybody got any info on this...........

Huge_Vitae

And of course, brewed ginger beer usually contains Aspartame.

You have me worried Ken. :o

Just dragged a bootle from the fridge, one of three but the same make.

INGREDIENTS

Carbonated Water,

Sugar,

Ginger Root Extract and other flavouring,

Citric Acid,

Preservative (Sodium Benzoate),

Stabaliser ( Quillaia Extract).

Is Asparrtame a 'flavouring', if so should it not say so, very unsure! :angry:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge,

Sucralose is a good substitute sweetener. It is in fact, a non-digestable form of sugar. So, it tastes like sugar. Not sure in the UK, but the most widely distributed brand of sucralose in the US is Splenda.

BTW it is also superioUr to sugar as a carp bait sweetener. Expecially it you can get your hands on some "un-cut" sucralose. It is - like - 1,200 times sweeter than sugar. I believe it is a product of the UK. At least that's where I got my supply for bait. ("W" something chemical company?)

I suppose others are right. Nothing is entirely "safe" - even sex the the neighbors wife has risks. I don't believe sucralose has many side affects. I will say, as a psychologist, drugs by and large are 80% psychological and 20% theraputic. If you "believe" something is harmful - DON'T USE IT. There are always or usually always alternatives.

Just my thoughts. Aspertaine has been "tested to death" in the US. Both public and private testing. It is still on the market. That mean it meets the standards for "safe and effective" by the Food and Drug Administration - nothing more. I often wish everything was that "tested".

Phone

You have me worried Ken. :o

Just dragged a bootle from the fridge, one of three but the same make.

INGREDIENTS

Carbonated Water,

Sugar,

Ginger Root Extract and other flavouring,

Citric Acid,

Preservative (Sodium Benzoate),

Stabaliser ( Quillaia Extract).

Is Asparrtame a 'flavouring', if so should it not say so, very unsure! :angry:

I just checked too. There is Aspartame in the diet version but it looks like they pasteurize and force carbonate for the standard brew.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Huge,

Sucralose is a good substitute sweetener. It is in fact, a non-digestable form of sugar. So, it tastes like sugar. Not sure in the UK, but the most widely distributed brand of sucralose in the US is Splenda.

BTW it is also superioUr to sugar as a carp bait sweetener. Expecially it you can get your hands on some "un-cut" sucralose. It is - like - 1,200 times sweeter than sugar. I believe it is a product of the UK. At least that's where I got my supply for bait. ("W" something chemical company?)

I suppose others are right. Nothing is entirely "safe" - even sex the the neighbors wife has risks. I don't believe sucralose has many side affects. I will say, as a psychologist, drugs by and large are 80% psychological and 20% theraputic. If you "believe" something is harmful - DON'T USE IT. There are always or usually always alternatives.

Just my thoughts. Aspertaine has been "tested to death" in the US. Both public and private testing. It is still on the market. That mean it meets the standards for "safe and effective" by the Food and Drug Administration - nothing more. I often wish everything was that "tested".

Phone

Thanks Phone, I understood some time ago to trust the US Food etc Standards a few years ago when several of my friends killed themselves or suffered severe pshycological problems employed putting up fences, learning that the preservative, or an ingredient in it, had been banned several years earlier in the USA because of similar concerns, and what was that about blue or red or whatever smarties.

I just checked too. There is Aspartame in the diet version but it looks like they pasteurize and force carbonate for the standard brew.

I stay away from the diet stuff of anything Ken, the same as I stay away from decaff tea and coffee. Had problems with my waterworks a few years ago and the Surgeon who had to operate on me told me he would rather I drank three to four litres of guinness a day rather than the three to four litres of coke I was drinking!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge,

Phone

Good post Phone. Sucralose is the chiral, the left-handed version of that plain old di-saccharide sucrose, otherwise known as sugar. We lack the enzymes to break the di-saccharide bond so it has no calorific value. Love your comment on the FDA, I wish our lot were as strict.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I know it's off topic but the GB fans might be interested in this.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The only reason the mmr is done twice is cost, it is not cost effective to do a blood test before the second to see if it had taken, just like the other jabs that are classed as boosters.

My boy has had one measles jab, the harley street quack told us that it was sufficient. Nope, no sign of spots to date.

Otherwise we'll sue.

How old was he when he had this measles shot Barry?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All,

I know we are "different". It is now "recommended" kids over 12 have a "booster" series of "DTP" (someone will else will have to tell you what "dtp" stands for).

One we "faced" recently. In the 8th grade (age 14) we HAVE to have a shot for some sort of STD. You can "jump through hoops" and opt out if you wish but it's a real chore. Do you have to have STD shots?

Phone

Edit: the booster is now one shot.

Edited by Phone

All,

I know we are "different". It is now "recommended" kids over 12 have a "booster" series of "DTP" (someone will else will have to tell you what "dtp" stands for).

One we "faced" recently. In the 8th grade (age 14) we HAVE to have a shot for some sort of STD. You can "jump through hoops" and opt out if you wish but it's a real chore. Do you have to have STD shots?

Phone

Edit: the booster is now one shot.

Dipheria, tetanas and polio I think

I think the shot you are talking about is the human papiloma virus Jab Girls only about 12 I think.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!