I just love it when a plan comes together

Snatcher

My two oldest grandsons,Wayne and Lewis,were spending a week with us at our caravan in Drummore and the plan was to get them out fishing. My mate Tom (Toonfireman) had kindly offered to take them out on his boat Joshua but due to the inclement weather it looked like it was not going to happen.

Fortunately on their last full day with us the weather improved and Tom phoned me saying the trip was on - whoop whoop Now the boys did not have a clue about this trip and I told them that we were going over to Port Logan to collect some fishing bait.

We arrived on Logan beach at 09.30 and Tom had Joshua on the beach ready to go. We walked over to Tom and after an introduction Tom said come on then lads get these life jackets on. That was when the penny dropped and their faces just lit up.

Tom had rigged up two light rods with fixed spool reels and mackerel feathers so off we headed just south of Logan to drift for mackerel. Basically Tom was the fishing coach and I was the photographer on this trip. Check out the boys - do they look made up or what.

IMG_2773prc.jpg

Lewis was first in with a small grey gurnard.

IMG_2776prc.jpg

Next it was Wayne with a mackerel on.

IMG_2778prc.jpg

Third fish and it was another species,a nice tub gurnard to Wayne.

IMG_2782prc.jpg

IMG_2787prc.jpg

Fourth fish and yet another species,a codling for Lewis. All of the fish were returned apart from the mackerel which we kept for bait and also the skippers tea.

IMG_2788prc.jpg

Next in it was Lewis with 3 mackerel and what a tussle he had to reel them in. Well done Lewis.

IMG_2790prc.jpg

Lewis with one of the mackerel. The smile says it all.

IMG_2792prc.jpg

Tom then took a picture of me and my boys.

IMG_2793prc.jpg

At this point Tom decided to go a bit further out and anchor up. We were hoping to pick up some different species on mackerel strip fished on the bottom. Tom rigged up two different rods with multipliers and explained to lads how to fish with them. Typically when you want to catch a dogfish they do not turn up. Tom gave it about half an hour and all the lads had was one bite between them.

Lewis then started showing signs of seasickness so Tom suggested going back in and putting Lewis on the beach for 10 minutes and taking it from there. After eating Toms Mars bar Lewis perked up and said he fancied fishing again - good lad. Here is a picture of Tom carrying Lewis back to the boat.

IMG_2814prc.jpg

We decided to drift close in again and give it a final 30 minutes to see what the boys could pick up. Here is Wayne with a mackerel.

IMG_2815prc.jpg

Check this one out,Wayne with daddy,mammy and baby gurnard !!!!

IMG_2822prc.jpg

On the way back in Tom gave the boys a go at steering the boat. It was a perfect ending to a great trip. Here is the final picture of the boys with Tom,I wonder which football team the 3 of them support ???

IMG_2824prc.jpg

Thanks for that Tom,it was their first boat fishing trip and one which I am sure they will never forget.

John

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

well done Snatcher thanks for the report, brilliant to see the kids enjoying themselves, and give my regards to Toon for me, cheers.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

A very most excellent day for all concerned. Who had the most fun?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 4 weeks later...
Newt,

Probably that bald headed guy with his chest all swole-up.

Phone

We all had a great day phone. I hear that the fish that the boys caught are really putting weight on :rolleyes: and we went about 10 miles out and not just one :D ha ha

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Perfect :thumbs:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!