Recent posts

Sportsman

You OK Anderoo ;)

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason the fishing topics have stopped is because they were hijacked and ruined.

Yes, but ruined for who? I though tthat a bit of deep thinking and talking about the notion of killing (or not) was healthy, and as pointed out if it's not to your taste then don't partake of it.

How do you measure just who are 'us anglers'?' as compared with ordinary people like me who only go fishin 2 or 3 times a week and do other things with our lives.

As advised leave alone those threads which don't interest you, it's safe to say that most threads in here are of no interest to me, but I don't go in them and tell the people who are clearly having a decent chat that they are wrong and use terms like 'better anglers'!

I have only a passing interest in chub, barbel, zander, roach (other than for bait) carp and tench, but don't go into threads about these species and whinge that they don't interest me.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Androo,

Guilty as charged. I, for one, will try to clean up my act. You're right, threads used to be theme appropriate.

Maybe others are having the same problem as I am having - for different reasons. August is going to turn out to be the hottest, driest month recorded since the beginning or our record keeping. That's on top of a RECORD hot July.

I've been fishing exactly 4 1/2 times in 3 months.

Phone

(not that my comments will be "different", I am who I am - just appropriate to the theme.)

Edit: I'm not a mod nor am I trying to be critical of the mods. It seems we all read "coarse fishing". Sooooo, threads like killing fish get more exposure in "coarse fishing". (Edit, edit: to be an equal opprotunity critic what the 'ell is a W.O.L.P. have to do with "coarse fishing"). If a mod doesn't think the topic is "fishing related" but rather something on the fringe I wouldn't object to the thread being moved. How about others?

Edited by Phone

If others want to debate with me then all well and good.

unless they do not agree with you and you know that you are wrong and then the debate ends :D

Phone

"Fish don't feel pain" prove it.

Anderoo

because I have done a bad thing does that make it OK to carry on and do a worse thing?

Azreal

Shut up.

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

im finding it hard following here but are we arguing about topics going off course or someone posting something slightly irrelevant ?

if so whats the problem its been going on in anglersnet since i joined years ago(and probably before that too) and on other forums all over the internet!. its just the nature of forums. relax guys its AN things heat up and cool down all the time.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Damn, 6 years of being rude to you lot on hear and Ive just found the ignore button.

Hello Hello Hello Hello .....

Echo Echo Echo Echo ....

Hmmm not sure its any cop, but i might sick Tigger on it. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Andy,

I think there is a difference between a topic going "off course" (within context) and intentionally hyjacking a thread for personal recognition.

Phone

im still none the wiser :blink: ack well what does it matter. does anyone do any fishing these days ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

im still none the wiser :blink: ack well what does it matter. does anyone do any fishing these days ?

I fish and I have no idea what 'phone' means, perhaps he will give an example to help clarify?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"