The monthly topic

Old geezer

Welcome to the first topic!

For september the topic is

CANDID

6829897982_aa937ac2a1_z.jpg

I would like you to take a picture of a person going about their life, regardless of their situation. The only thing is, they should not be aware of you.

Results on the 1st October 2012

This is not easy, but then, no one said it should be! Good luck, and may the light be with you

Dave

Edited by Old geezer

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but i strongly disagree with this subject ,its wrong to take pictures of a person without their approval / knowledge ,its an invasion of one's privacy,especially as you are asking for candid shots and you are taking the picture for publication on the internet.

I personally would be absolutely furious if i found a picture of myself being put on the web without my permission

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Sorry but i strongly disagree with this subject ,its wrong to take pictures of a person without their approval / knowledge ,its an invasion of one's privacy,especially as you are asking for candid shots and you are taking the picture for publication on the internet.

I personally would be absolutely furious if i found a picture of myself being put on the web without my permission

[/quoteJ

sorry you see it that way Nurse Judy, ask for permiussion then. Street photography has been a valid subject for photographers for many years, including Cartier Bresson, but if you feel you would participate with the subjects permission, jump in and do it :)

Dave

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Well now Ould Geezer I must admit this will be a new direction for me. It's a subject I've often thought about, but have always been to slack to get out and put it in to practice.

I'll have to get out around the village in the day time for the next couple of weeks with my camera and long lens, trouble is around here not too many shop doorways to hide.

A good choice of topic for the month :camera:

Got a couple yesterday, being such a nice day I went and hid in the whin bushes adjacent to the 18th. green at the golf course.

My I had some funny looks when I was spyed. I'm glad at least a couple are maybe decent shots ................................ better than any of the golf I saw

my batteries are on charge and am going shopping with the wife in town tommorow, think i may sit in the car when she goes to the cash point and try and get a few good shots of the workers in the scrap yard across the road either that or the commuters coming off the train at 5pm ;)

Just out of curiosity do we post them here????

Edited by Akimbo Rob

swinghook8.gif

"You hold the future in your hands, teach catch and release"

My Blog:- A Fishermans Dream

Good stuff!

At least I can look forward to one entry :)

Anyone up for beating manx to the win?

How many pics can we put up, I seem to remember our previous competitions (I know it's not really a competition, but it feels like it) only allowed one entry but we could change them up to the cut off point.

I'll certainly have a go at beating Manx, but he does take some nice pics, so I won't hold my breath. :blink: