Taverham mill

Tyke

Spent a week at Taverham mill for a weeks fishing with two Angling friends.

When i booked back in april i was not informed the Wensum at Taverham mill was a shadow of its former self.

No barbel and no chub over a pound was cought , all we could catch was dace, a few roach and perch and the odd chublet.

It seems Otters have decimated the fishery and also the lakes too.

We spent nearly £600 for the weeks holiday thinking we would catch a barbel or two and a few decent chub.

Last year we fished Lenwade and had the odd decent chub but no barbel.

Looks like next year we will be choosing a different destination for our annual fishing holiday.

http://norfolkanglers.co.uk/publications/d...the-wensum.html

Spent a week at Taverham mill for a weeks fishing with two Angling friends.

When i booked back in april i was not informed the Wensum at Taverham mill was a shadow of its former self.

No barbel and no chub over a pound was cought , all we could catch was dace, a few roach and perch and the odd chublet.

It seems Otters have decimated the fishery and also the lakes too.

We spent nearly £600 for the weeks holiday thinking we would catch a barbel or two and a few decent chub.

Last year we fished Lenwade and had the odd decent chub but no barbel.

Looks like next year we will be choosing a different destination for our annual fishing holiday.

http://norfolkanglers.co.uk/publications/d...the-wensum.html

I had four nights at a North Norfolk Campsite with a nice few nice looking streams close by - all reports on various review sites were good saying fishing in the lake was good with plenty of big fish to target.

When we got there I was told by many anglers (every other tent or caravan had a rod or two set up) that there were only a handfull of small carp but loads of small rudd, roach and perch that had filled the void left by the disapearance of anything bigger then quarter of a pound over the past year.

Eventually a regular informed me Otters have been seen on many occasions.

the thing that relly p!55ed my off was the fact the owner advised me to take specimen gear as I would need it the week before - I felt like a right Tw@t using an avon rod & 8lb main line with a tiny insert waggler to 2lb and a size 18 with single maggot - If he had been honest I would have taken a whip and enjoyed a bit of tiddler snatching!!!

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!