Float attatchment idea.

Norfolkdipper

Whilst bored in hospital, I thought of this. Although rough the basic idea is there, ( drawing linked below is not to scale).. As we all know shot damages the line & in some cases can result in a lost fish. My idea cradles the line, resulting in a better & natural bait presentation, as no shot on line to interfer needed. with greater depth control, from a few inches in shallow water to deep, slow dropping in sesative waters.

Floatdesign1.jpg

So as I said rough drawing but what do you think?

Mark

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

I think you achieve the same result with a self cocking float, a float connector and a couple of float stops, plus you could easily change the float. But don't let that stop you, as catching fish on home built gear is a great source of satisfaction :) . Also it keeps you out of trouble whilst in the workshop <_<

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Norfolk,

Keep up the good work. I don't remember them but the old timers told me about the "olden days" when and rod holders were non-existent and the "catching of fish for fun" was viewed with great skepticism. You may just be ahead of your time.

Phone

Looks like a very complicated way of doing away with float rubbers to me. Plus its very rare for me to fish a loaded float with the line coming from the top of it.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Apart from complicating a fairly simple set up. With no shot to help indicate a bite, the fish could move a long way before registering a bite. I can see a lot of missed bites, and a lot of deep hooked fish, especially if fishing at any depth. And of course it wouldn't work in moving water.

Sorry mate. But for every 'new' idea I've had that works, I've had a dozen or more that didn't. It didn't stop me trying though, and it shouldn't stop you.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

At least we have this forum to bounce ideas off nowadays. I guess it qwould work on a lake & set shallow. I see what you mean about moving water & deep throated bites. Thanks anyway to all responses.

Mark

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

At least we have this forum to bounce ideas off nowadays. I guess it qwould work on a lake & set shallow. I see what you mean about moving water & deep throated bites. Thanks anyway to all responses.

Mark

It reminds me of a Polaris float, with the line going round a bend to create tension.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...