A year on and thanks again

Alan Stubbs

It was a year ago yesterday that I signed a consent form for a triple bypass - Ironically to cure the same thing that killed my father on the very same day 8 years previously.

The sugery was on 19th October and I was back at work on 3rd January.

The NHS has its detractors, but I can't thank them enough for the care they gave me. There are people queueing up to finish their training at the Heart and Chest hospital in Broadgreen, Liverpool. I can fully understand why.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Hi Alan

Nice to hear from you again.

I have had my problems with the NHS or to be more precise with some of the staff employed by the NHS.

It's good to hear of a hospital meeting the required standards. Shame about the ones that don't.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Congratulations Alan :clap:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Excellent Alan.

"Live long and prosper", as our pointy eared friends say.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Alan

Nice to hear from you again.

I have had my problems with the NHS or to be more precise with some of the staff employed by the NHS.

It's good to hear of a hospital meeting the required standards. Shame about the ones that don't.

I fully agree. Liverpool is very lucky to have the A & E at the Royal and the Heart & Chest Hospital. Use of the words 'Please' and 'Thank You' seemed to generate highly positive results, as I have found in most places. These guys took the meaning of the word 'care' to a new level - bearing in mind it's an area I understand extremely well.

Excellent Alan.

"Live long and prosper", as our pointy eared friends say.

Cheers Newt. Must admit I have spent more time fishing as a therapy than I expected.... and loved just being there.

How have I missed this thread?

Well done Alan, and good to see you back and posting mate.

My daughter works for the NHS, has done since she graduated 4 years ago. She says that it has changed so much in that last 4 yrs. She and some of her work mates have now become so disillusioned, that they are looking at moving to Australia/NewZealand in the next year or so.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Good to see you are fit and well. Take care. :)

Cheers...house move sorted, now for some fishing!