Green film algae

Andy_1984

i dont often clean the back of the fish tank, just sides and front.

ive now got a very very slow growing green film algae dotted about it. i quite like it as it adds a little something more to the tank kinda fits in with what im doing with the tank and isnt unsightly. my piece of wood has got a nice green streak of it too.

i guess the algae has grown enough that the roach and rudd have noticed it. it started today with one of the rudd picking at the algae and 1 after the other each roach and rudd started picking at it after seeing the first one :D

i quite like the idea of controlling a nice spread of it on the back of the tank and its been about 2-3 months since i last gave it a wipe so its so slow growing that its not out of control.

i dont foresee it causing problems for the fish or the tank, its keeping them active. does anyone know any differently ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/algae.htm#green some light reading

did you get sorted with a tank ?

Jim

funds are a problem just now as im out of a job and work for websites isnt exactly coming in fast :( im running a huge risk i know.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

Little bit of algae never did any harm and roach are partial to silkweed etc. If it it fits the look of the tank and doesn't get out of control, I don't see a problem.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...