hopton beach, norfolk

pearbo

Been fishing Hopton beach for the last 20 years (my old man the last 40) and the last two years ive been there the beach has all but gone, anyone got any info on where the sand is...?

pearbo,

Hopton by the Sea, near Norfolk was dam near wiped off the map by huricaine Sandy. Since it is in the large natural harbor located at the mouth of Chesapeake Bay the beaches weren't all that great anyway. To answer your question, what sand there was is now washed inland. Plenty of fish in the bay though.

Phone

thanks for the reply...think u may have a different hopton on sea though, im refering to hopton, norfolk, uk. i am pretty certain that sandy hasnt had anything to do with the lack of sand here...

Very 'Pythonesque' :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 4 weeks later...

Its not just there - most of the Beaches from Felixstowe on the Lowestoft are steadily in decline.

Sooner or later large parts of East Anglia will become the North Sea.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It seemed like it happened overnight...one year im walking round the beach to fish behind the holiday camp and next year the beach has totally gone. ive been going there for 23 year and my old man has fished it since the mid 60s, its crazy

It seemed like it happened overnight...one year im walking round the beach to fish behind the holiday camp and next year the beach has totally gone. ive been going there for 23 year and my old man has fished it since the mid 60s, its crazy

Most of the new Felixstowe beach built over the summer went in one good old Eastery storm in on night.

The other year the mayor asked people to stop stealing sand to grit their paths/drives - what a moron it was all washed away that year as well after the first half of the new defenses were completed

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!