Precision Compression Technology ? Tested beyond any doubt!

Anglers' Net

cant see how this is beneficial....so everythime u snag, u snap off at the leeder knot....great stuff

One of the biggest drawbacks in shore angling is the amount of gear you lose to the dreaded snags.

You can fish lighter snoods and finer wire hooks that bend out but then you chance losing a big fish if hooked or you can fish heavy mainline with no leader but thats just dangerous.

I would say that I lose gear 60 - 70% of the time when snagged - I use quality rig components and all knots tied are grinner.

I tie a decent leader knot but its always going to be the weak point.

These people need to develope a soft version that can join main line to leader and still be casted on a beach caster.

That would be a development!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

All,

Rudd, I disagree with on the "weak link" point with newer fishing line technology. I believe it is usually right above the knot where the line has been slightly stretched in the tightening process. I haven't seen a knot stragulation failure in years. I don't saltwater, I don't have any but certainly snaggs are a major bain in the cost of terminal gear. 60 - 70% may be low.

Doesn't matter - I am seeing the principle of Chinese hand cuffs as Precision Compression Technology. Is that the way you get it?

Phone

All,

Rudd, I disagree with on the "weak link" point with newer fishing line technology. I believe it is usually right above the knot where the line has been slightly stretched in the tightening process. I haven't seen a knot stragulation failure in years. I don't saltwater, I don't have any but certainly snaggs are a major bain in the cost of terminal gear. 60 - 70% may be low.

Doesn't matter - I am seeing the principle of Chinese hand cuffs as Precision Compression Technology. Is that the way you get it?

Phone

I see your point - no its not the knot that breaks but always the main line just above it - I have never had the leader/main line knot come back after snagging and pulling for a break.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

for the last 3 years i have been using 20lb braided mainline, with a 60lb braided leader and then a basic 50lb single or double hook rig made from mono. The braided knots are so much stronger than the mono ones of years gone by. i can cast further and the bites are awesome. i snagged up last week and snapped the 50lb knot at the weight, couldn't believe it didn't snap at the uni knot at the leader. Just don't see the need for this technology on the beach, things do not need to be complicated.