Image Bread Punch Box

Elton

I have been sent one of these - http://tidd.ly/d802cd77

What I'm trying to figure is why they are listed for so much on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Im...read+Punch+Box+

Do they really make such a difference to your life if you're fishing punched bread?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi all :rolleyes: ,

I can see the value in these trays.

If you happen to be, like me, a wandering float fisherman that "works" from a small bag hung round the neck containing spare hooks, hooklink material, hook tyer etc and bait, it would be most useful. A slice of bread in a bag is okay for fishing flake but for punch a firm surface is neccessary.

I for years now, have used two (slightly larger) slice sized pieces of old plastic food preparation board, separated at one end by a piece of plastic (medium slice thickness). These three bits are "hinged" together using carpet tape to form a folding "sandwich". The slice of bread is then held between them, against one side, with a rubber band.

You can shove this in a pocket or pouch without the slice drying out too fast. My punch hangs from a lanyard so there's no fear of dropping it in the "oggin"!

With the rod tucked under the arm, bread board flipped open in one hand and the punch in the other it is quite possible to get the bait back in the water fairly rapidly (after a bit of practice).

These trays would do exactly the same job for this style of fishing.

Edited by wunwetfoot
"....you should have been here yesterday!"