Fishing report on pond in Ukraine, 01.09.2012

stal1n

Companions: Sergiy Malinovskiy.

Weather: temperature +25C. Wind was almos absent. Preasure stable 988 hPa.

Water level: normal.

Time: from 23:30 p.m till 16:00 a.m..

Place: pond near villiage Gorodishche at town Berezne. Rivne region of Ukraine. First place №7 after that place №3.

Catched: 16 crucians by me.

Bait: maggots.

Grounbait: FishDream Carp XXL, Trapper Lin-Karas, FishDream. Boiled wheat + sunflower’s seen + semolina.

Tackles: float-rod, feeder, peaker.

My fishing place:

IMG_7641.JPG

My friend Sergiy:

IMG_7620.JPG

pond:

IMG_7617.JPG

crucian:

IMG_7631.JPG

My blog about fishing reports http://rivnefish.com/en/

All new posters get pre-moderated for the first few posts (I think it is 15 posts)

Now you have reached 15 posts the restriction should disappear.

More photos welcome !

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

All new posters get pre-moderated for the first few posts (I think it is 15 posts)

Now you have reached 15 posts the restriction should disappear.

More photos welcome !

It's 16 posts Dave, one more and you're free stalln.

That 'pond' looks great, does it have any tench in it?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It's 16 posts Dave, one more and you're free stalln.

That 'pond' looks great, does it have any tench in it?

John.

'pond' is a bad/wrong word? Lake is better?

We use lake for place that was formed by natural way many thousands years ago. How I have to call water-places that was made by humans?

About tench answer is: Yes. Actually there is 2 'ponds'. First is open space (I was fishing on it) and secon is overgrowned by reed. That second place has a lot of tenches, and some of them went to first place.

Here some photos. That place is amazing, isn't it? :)

IMG_7406.JPG

here is friend of mine Yaroslav

IMG_7416.JPG

here are owners of the pond. They check their fishing nets:

IMG_7418.JPG

a little mirror carp:

IMG_7423.JPG

a place for fishing. I call it a pier, I am right?

IMG_7429.JPG

another place for fishing:

IMG_7434.JPG

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG

this is a place for float-rods:

IMG_7474.JPG

and this is another neighboring pond, that I described before. With a lot of tenches:

IMG_7475.JPG

this is also it

IMG_7479.JPG

I posted those photos as you wanted :)

I'm sorry for bad English

My blog about fishing reports http://rivnefish.com/en/

'pond' is a bad/wrong word? Lake is better?

We use lake for place that was formed by natural way many thousands years ago. How I have to call water-places that was made by humans?

About tench answer is: Yes. Actually there is 2 'ponds'. First is open space (I was fishing on it) and secon is overgrowned by reed. That second place has a lot of tenches, and some of them went to first place.

Here some photos. That place is amazing, isn't it? :)

I posted those photos as you wanted :)

I'm sorry for bad English

Sorry for the late reply.

No need to apologise for your English, I've no problem understanding you.

Here a 'pond' and a 'lake' are more or less the same, only a lake is usually bigger than a pond. Some call a little fishery of less than 1 hectare a lake, I would call it a pond. I think prefer your way, of a lake being natural, and a pond man made, although we wouldn't have many lakes here, as most are the result of mans actions.

Your fishery doen't look man made, it must have been created some time ago. I reminds me of a small loch, (another name for a lake) I used to fish in Scotland a long time ago, it was surrounded by reeds just like that one, and held some good bream and roach.

Thanks again for the photos.

John.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thanks for all the pics, that's a stunning location, I'd love to fish there. Here in France that could be a pond or lake, nobody has given me a satisfactory explanation yet of the difference. I often fish a 1 hectare pond, yet next too it is a 'lake' but it is officially a 25 hectare pond. The local lake is only 4 hectares but it does have a river running in and out of it. One thing, on the language, fish are always singular except for rare exceptions such as 'the parable of the loaves and fishes' in the Bible, so more than one Tench would still be Tench, I know it's weird. Anyway keep posting pics like that and specimen Crucian if you've caught any.

In the US the pond / lake difference is mainly one of size but not too size specific. A small body of water (only 1-5 acres) will probably be called a pond while a larger one will be called a lake. Many of the places I fish are man made by putting dams on rivers so the body of water may be a few miles long and several miles wide in places which is too large to be a pond. It is properly a resevoir but usually called a lake. Some of the Scotland lochs are pretty large as well.

I'm not really sure there are any rules for naming such bodies of water. The same holds true with the difference in a river and a creek or a stream.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President