Mitchell Premium Runner 50FR

Elton

Posted on behalf of Chezz. Please add all replies to this thread:

Does anyone have any feedback on the Mitchell Premium Runner 50FR as I have been offered a couple cheap?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Posted on behalf of Chezz. Please add all replies to this thread:

No experience with this model, but have happily used other Mitchell models for years, without problems.

What sort of prices are you talking - they are doing the rounds circa 20 quid|:-)

No experience with this model, but have happily used other Mitchell models for years, without problems.

What sort of prices are you talking - they are doing the rounds circa 20 quid|:-)

That's the mk2 version, the V2 50FR, currently discounted to £20 (plus £3 post). It looks suspiciously like an Okuma baitrunner, but so did one of the TF gear reels. Not that that's a bad thing - far from it! It has 6 bearings, too.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

i have been offered three new ones for thirty quid any reel at that price is ok I know but I dont want to buy again in a couple of seasons being disabled the funds are hard to come by....

I've had a look at one on EBay. This is, of course, only a guess, but they're a dead ringer for a re-badged Okuma - exactly the same body shape, rear drag knob, and so on - and if this is so, then - as a few lads on here will tell you - you are unlikely to have any problems with quality or reliability. They're smooth, robust and well-made, with a durable paint-job. My own Okumas have lasted for 5 seasons so far and still run like new.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."