The roof

Andrew

What a job. The original roof stones were held on wooden pegs.

roof_zps3de0dfca.gif

This was taken at Haworth

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What yer putting on it then ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Welsh Slates would look the biz

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

Not very often you see a proper roof going on a new house these days, all trusses now. Mind you I don't suppose there are many joiners about these days that could build a traditional roof. Nice looking job too.

Not very often you see a proper roof going on a new house these days, all trusses now. Mind you I don't suppose there are many joiners about these days that could build a traditional roof. Nice looking job too.

I've just done two Mickey Mouse roofs recently (trusses) I hate the things, by the time you've fixed all the clips and scrambled around inside fixing all the bracing it's taken just as long as cutting a roof, but you're right, a lot of chippies can't cut a roof; it's probably when I'm happiest (workwise anyway) so long as it's dry and not too hot. :rolleyes:

Cost is the guvnor though, trusses are made from skanky skinny timber which would be way too small for a cut roof.

ayjay,

You get to pound the nails? All they ever let me do was hold up the ridge board. What the centers on those rafter? Surely not for asphalt shingles? Maybe Southwest tile.

Phone

BTW, what's the real name for the length of a roof rafter?

hypotenuce

ayjay,

You get to pound the nails? Some get pounded, some get Pasloded.

All they ever let me do was hold up the ridge board. They don't do a roof the same as I do then.

What the centers on those rafter? 400mm or approximately 16" to you.

Surely not for asphalt shingles? We rarely use shingles in the UK, clay or concrete tiles or slate..

Andrew,

I forgot to mention - cool pic! No way would I want any part of even a repair job.

Not that I could even if I tried. I've always been somwhat an dunce with tools.

Ayjay,

They look tighter that 16" in the photo. Pitch then is a 7:12 (maybe 9:12)

You don't do a ridge board that way because you don't have me standing around as a lad driving you nuts with questions.

Phone