Catching a goliath grouper

Snatcher

This video does go on a bit but its worth watching it it just to see the action section when he hooks a monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZD85OjjTA

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Impressive fish, but as in some other "rod-smashing" videos doing the rounds, don't these individuals know where the clutch lever is?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Snatcher,

Ahh-well - so much for my UglyStik advertisement. Notice he's using the edge of the boat rather than the bend in the whole rod when it breaks

Rob,

Where he's fishing he probably had no choice. His 'area' could have been as small as 30 meters around before outstretched pier cables came into play. Much of the bottom around our Florida piers (if it was in a sandy area) is rip-rap of huge boulders. He chose not to lose the fish if he could help it. Sacrificed the rod. Probably 300 lb mono too. I bet in the whole segment he didn't recover very much line.

Phone