Wingham Fish-In dates 2013

Steve Burke

Broken links to the 2009 and 2008 catch reports just repaired. I'm enjoying reading these again with the rain lashing down and our cottage being battered by gale force gusts!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Yes Steve, my previous trip to Wingham was from the Isle of Muck, and despite not catching was worth every second of the trip.

It is a really beautiful place, with stunning wildlife and scenery, and rumour has it some fantastic fishing. If I can get the time off from domestic duties (which looks quite positive) and if I am lucky enough to get a place I will be there.

Should anyone else from a northern location fancy making the trip I could collect up to three others on route...

Newcastle maybe? Pleeeeeeese? :D

Thanks, Tony, that's very kind of you. Such comments are one of the things that make all the hard work worthwhile. I'll pass them on to the team.

I would be surprised if anyone who has fished Wingham doesn't agree!

I would be surprised if anyone who has fished Wingham doesn't agree!

Thanks, Steve. :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• 3 weeks later...

I'm bumping this as many of you book holidays in early January. I know that several of you have booked holidays before that have clashed with Wingham and so missed the event.

And, mentioning no names, some of you haven't put the dates on your calendar and she who must be obeyed has booked you to take her to her mother's!

• 2 months later...

I am really going to try and attend this year. I have asked for the holiday at work so should be up for a trip to Wingham and enjoy the magic of the place.

It's a magical place but not just for fishing for the peace and solitude. The wildlife is spectacular. I love the wildness of it too. It's not all managed into little pots and gravel paths and just man made....

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Only 2 months to go now!

This winter started early and seems to have gone on for ever. For once, instead of feeling I'm running out of time to fish for the winter species, I can't wait for spring to arrive.

Elton and Si automatically get a place as thanks for running/hosting the Wingham web site, as do the Wingham bailiffs without whom there would be no Fish-In in the first place.

After that anyone who's registered as a Forum member when I open for bookings in early May is invited. If I'm oversubscribed those who haven't been before get priority.

Last in line are Forum members who have a Wingham ticket, because they can go any time. However the latter may be able to have a crack at the Carp Lake for either carp or eels.

In the last dozen or so years I've been oversubscribed just twice.

There's always some who forget to book the time off work or to square it with the other half, hence bringing the topic to the top again.

Edited by Steve Burke