Wingham Fish-In dates 2013

Steve Burke

Not even that I'm afraid, Dave.

I am not questioning your judgement at all Steve but what is the reason for no pike fishing at Wingham? I am just curious thats all. Is it to do with the management of fish numbers etc.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

It's not something I want to discuss on a public Forum. Ask me at the Fish-In and all will become clear.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

It's not something I want to discuss on a public Forum. Ask me at the Fish-In and all will become clear.

Ok I apologise if I was out of order for asking. I was just curious.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Definitely no need to apologise! All will become clear at the Fish-In.

• Like 2

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Strangely enough I was sitting with Dales later this afternoon in the wind. I told him I still use bobbins in the wind and get round them swinging around by putting the appropriate amount of swan shot on the retaining cord (wire in my case).

The bobbin is just above the ground and will still show a dropback. Having said that, I rarely get a full dropback as I use running rigs. However even with semi-fixed leads anchor shot still work for me.

It has never failed to amaze me that you and I are the ONLY people Ive ever come across who use this dodge Steve!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

ATS I will spill the beans as its you! For several decades the Burkester and my self have been growing two big pike on in an underground holding pen situated under the tractor shed. We have been feeding them on an exclusive diet of ASDA Value Seafood sticks! they are now both just over 45lb.Once they have reached 50 (hopefully by the start of Winter 2016) we will be releasing one of them into the Coarse lake and the other into the Carp Lake.

At this point we will toss a coin to see who fishes which lake and armed with suitable tackle and a bag of ASDA's finest the battle to become the British Record holder will comence! The problem is that due to their exclusive diet and the artificial colourings it contains our home grown "Records" are a rather unusual colour......PINK! As such we dont want anyone catching any of Winghams native pike and be able to compare with our front page photos in the AT and AM else the game will be up! (we are going to each submit a pic to one of these to be able to pull the exclusivity bit and get as many freebies as possible)

I hope you understand and along with all our other Anglers Net buddies keep our secret as after all its the only way these days that a couple of old has beens such as ourselves can regain our former status in the angling world....

To show our appreciation for your silence the Burkester and I have agreed to tell you about the record tench we have just stocked after being grown on to 16lb in the spare underground pen (the one under the club house shower) No special food was used to grow this specimen (mainly left overs from Previous BBQ's) BUT every time we fed it we made sure we was wearing one of my Fishouflage T Shirts and a pair of Peggy's old fish net stockings (not quite sure why the stockings but the Burkester insisted that it was important) It has subsequently grown to associate these with food and as I sit at my keyboard it is now cruising around the lake on the hunt for someone dressed accordingly in the hope of a feed.

Oh incidentally just by chance I will have some shirts for sale at the Fish In at a hugely inflated price............................. ;) However for the stockings you will have to contact Peggy.

• Like 3

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

You have not got an zander housed somewhere have you?

At the AN fish in i will turn my Zander nose on and smell them out.

As for stockings if anyone is short of cash i have a reduced line in pop up socks or maybe Dale has a few hanging around

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

As for stockings if anyone is short of cash i have a reduced line in pop up socks or maybe Dale has a few hanging around

I always have plenty of fish nets :-)

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek