Wingham Fish-In dates 2013

Steve Burke

but I just don't want one that much!

Im sure some will acuse of of being "elitist" but your comment sums it up for me as well.Its only natural I think. Its saddens me that there is so little left to truely motivate me.:)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I just be happy to get down the waterside and actually do some fishing for a change! - I won't mind if I don't catch anything or catch one or two but the main thing is to relax and enjoy the whole session!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Im sure some will acuse of of being "elitist" but your comment sums it up for me as well.Its only natural I think. Its saddens me that there is so little left to truely motivate me. :)

Not elitist Budgie but I am sorry that you find less to motivate you fishing wise.

For a long time now I have been fairly serious about my fishing. Putting in lots of time effort and money into my hobby. Most of my non fishing time is spent thinking about my fishing and planning my next trips. Thinking and analising my last trips.

When I am not working I am either fishing sleeping or working on local club waters for the benefit of others. I very much enjoy getting the chainsaw out or my tractor and doing a bit of maintenance on some local old gravel pits near me.These are actually LAA waters.

I have lost count of the number of conversations I have had with other dedicated anglers on the bank,mostly carp anglers, about big bream tench roach etc. They normally tell me waters I should visit where I can easily catch specimens way above my personal best.

I am also told by other specimen anglers that I talk too that I spread myself too thin. Fishing too many waters and never properly learning the ones I do fish.

Well I love to fish the waters that I do. I love the variety that also leaves much to learn on each water in the future. as the seasons take me from one venue to another there are lots of mysteries for me to discover. Slowly and at my relaxed pace along with my increasing knowledge of angling I can have mysteries and things to learn about my favourite venues for a long time yet.

Back to personal bests. These mean very little to me but if I was to jump in size from a small specimen to a huge one it would leave a void that I could only fill by searching for a water that held a bigger one. I much prefer to gradually increase the size of fish, I luckily catch, a little at a time. That way I have many more P.Bs to celebrate and don't end up with an unacheivable goal to try and beat.

I can see many young carp anglers running out of fish to fish for quickly these days. Maybe then they will turn to other species and learn the many different ways and methods.

I entered the hobby of fishing as a pleasurable pass time that allows me to relax in absolutely beautifull settings. To that end I still try and do exactly that.

So not elitist at all.

I have often gone fishing in conditions you would never expect to catch anything and had a cracking day. Converlsy I have gone in what looks like the best fishing day ever and blanked.

When I go out I always expect too catch. Maybe its because I am not a good enough angler to realise I have no hope.

John

Edited by John Weddup

Im sure some will acuse of of being "elitist" but your comment sums it up for me as well.Its only natural I think. Its saddens me that there is so little left to truely motivate me. :)

I have flown many birds from rare falcons to hawks to Eagles in America to the Far East as you know mate. You get to a point where what do I fly now.

I gave up for a year and sold most of my equipment including some very expensive satellite telemetry.

Then a year later I realise that this is my ‘Passion’ I have no other ? This is what I am good at. This is what I can teach others who want to learn and I started getting satisfaction of showing others but above all I kept one bird not ten.

Back to basics and get satisfaction of getting to see others succeed on what you know not to hide away and say I am done now.

I know you well budgie and that I know would give you much satisfaction. How about a Pike lesson at the fish in. I could do with a refresher, how to handle one etc. Eels, How to UN hook and fish for as there are a few coming who would like to see it.

Don’t always fish but walk around and enjoy ‘NOT’ fishing but being in the environment.

Get a few rods. A good float rod and set yourself a challenge to catch a fish by using different methods. It's not about how big but how you can catch on a different method. ....It's your passion .

Quote 2 weeks back

' You can never have enough rods'....is that right budgie...:)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Sorry, Dave, there's absolutely no chance of a pike Fish-in, even run by Budgie, at Wingham.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

While talking weather it might be worth bringing along swingers as a plan B, I assume many will be fishing long bobbins but if you end up in a windy swim you may have them dancing around all night.

Strangely enough I was sitting with Dales later this afternoon in the wind. I told him I still use bobbins in the wind and get round them swinging around by putting the appropriate amount of swan shot on the retaining cord (wire in my case).

The bobbin is just above the ground and will still show a dropback. Having said that, I rarely get a full dropback as I use running rigs. However even with semi-fixed leads anchor shot still work for me.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Sorry, Dave, there's absolutely no chance of a pike Fish-in, even run by Budgie, at Wingham.

You mis understood steve or perhaps it was not clear i was just talking about handling and un hooking like a PAC session they do quite often.. :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Not even that I'm afraid, Dave.

Strangely enough I was sitting with Dales later this afternoon in the wind. I told him I still use bobbins in the wind and get round them swinging around by putting the appropriate amount of swan shot on the retaining cord (wire in my case).

A dollop of blu-tack moulded around the bobbin works too.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Strangely enough I was sitting with Dales later this afternoon in the wind.

Steve, I spent about an hour fishing out branches after you left. They came sailing in constantly, as quick as I could net one out another came sailing in. I fished out that big one one which drifted right up against the bank, hopefully there will not be any more.

By the way great tip about the bobbins.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek