Tips To Save Time On The Bank

Anglers' Net

• 4 weeks later...

When ledgering with buzzers the first thing I do when reaching a swim I know, is place my banksticks where my rods are going to go, first the front one screwed into the bank then grab my landing net handle which has the length I need between the sticks marked with a wrap of electrical tape, lay it on the floor and put my back stick in, add my ready made up front and rear spreaders which have quick release systems fitted, put my net together, get a rod out ready made up and add bomb as required clip on ready made up bag and cast out the ready baited rig---- repeat 2nd rod.

• Like 1

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

Great idea having measurment on handle - one which I will adopt.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Andy 1984, being legs and right arm disabled there are some things I have to do differently from when I was a whole undamaged person, 1 of the biggest problems for me is I cannot kneel down at all so everything has to done in my lap or on my chair,and I have to keep my tackle to a minimum as it all has to fit on my Powawalker.

I was told after my accident that I should get a small note book and when I go fishing(always with a friend then) I should write absolutely everything down that I used, every shot, float, bomb, feeder you name it , and at the end of the season put all my tackle on a big table and only put back into my bag anything that was in the book more than once, result a smaller bag for 1/3 of the tackle I used to carry. Much happier now :yahoo:

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

All,

Julian and maybe tinca steve would have cardiac arrest if they came to the US carp fishing Actually, there are a number of Brit ex-pat support groups. There is all that "nonsense" that requires a minimum amount of time and ritual called "Euro" or "English" carp fishing and then there is carp fishing. In truth, some components of Euro I like. It adds an element of my participation, accomplishment and holistic adventure to catching a few fish. It is not necessary to catch a few fish on either side of the pond - especially carp.

Carp are popular because they are large, hard fighters and willing participants in our sport. They are far and away my favorite sport fish.

Phone

(an exact measured distance between forked sticks - really?).

Edited by Phone
  • Like 1

stop taking all the useless crap with you that all the tackle companies tell you is the latest carp catcher and get down to basics, thats about the best tip i can offer :)

Couldnt agree more. Ditch the bags for everything and the latest wonderbait and super rig. As a tackle retailer I shoudnt really say it but you are spot on. My carping involves only 2 rods and I dont feel disadvantaged at all.

I use naff all bait, in fact I let the mug humans bait up for me. Last trip out I used Gold Label Pro Clear 12lb to tie hooklinks, super cheap and highly effective tied knotless knot style to a Gold Label Penetrator 2 hook size 8. Really really simple and effective. I try not to use leadclips as well as thats another marketing scam to increase lead sales. Obviously there is a time and a place when you should dump the lead but people are obsessed with losing leads and I just try to picture how much toxic lead is sitting on every lake bed polluting the bottom. There must be hundreds if not thousands on some waters!

• Like 1

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

im really bad for it. i take way too much with me almost every time. stove, inflatable pillow(ok that ones not so bad it comes in handy), more bait than i would use in a month.

if i really cut down the stuff i could probably fit everything in my pockets and still probably take too much :P

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 8 months later...