Drennan matchpro / matchpro ultralight

Steve Walker

Steve,

Well that was hard. Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:30 PM (post #1) you lamented you were being VERY strict with yourself. I see what you mean. Posted Today, 12:53 AM (post #20) after enduring unbearable punishment (dinner and all that).

I sympathise and feel your pain. I admire your will power.

Phone

Thanks Phone, I have reappraised my priorities, and realised that if I don't spend all my money on fishing gear I will be induced to spend it on less important stuff - like buying myself an expensive dinner for my birthday ;)

Darling wife has taken me away to a very fancy country hotel to celebrate my 40th.

I have just picked up the tab for (a really outstandingly good, but still...) dinner in said fancy country hotel, which came to about £150 for two people.

Price of new rod put into context - will be picking one up on Monday and ordering an Abu 706 to go with it!

Happy 40th - whats it like? I have one in a couple of months:-P

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It all depends on the type of fishing you do (and enjoy). Trotting for roach and dace is my thing and the rod comes highly recommended. It has dealt with chub to four and half pounds, but I would not really want to use it on anything much bigger.