Rod pod help

mouseyb

I have an old Fox Quattro Pod, which has been solid over the years. That said, I don't think I'd bother with a pod again. Bank sticks give so much more versatility.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Like Elton I don't like pods. In fact I hate them! The reason is that they cost fish. It's far better to have the rod pointing as directly down the line as possible. If not, some pulls either won't register on your indicator, or the resistance will cause the fish to drop the bait.

Coming from a predator background this rapidly became apparent, especially with perch. However it also applies to other species, including carp. It doesn't always make a difference of course, but it's more likely to be the biggest and craftiest fish that you miss!

Trying to avoid having to use a pod is why on my waters at Wingham I've made the platforms with slats. Banksticks, stormpoles and umbrella poles all fit through the slats.

I do have a pod, but haven't used it for years. I just might resort to it though for fishing from concrete banks. After a lot of research I chose one from Cygnet Tackle. It's very strong, yet light, plus it's quick and easy to set up.

• Like 1

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• 2 weeks later...

Again I try not to use a pod but TFG make some good value ones. You just get fed up with all the assembling and disassembling in the end.

Like you say if the bank is hard you dont have much choice.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp