How do you remove a partition?

Manxman

I have a couple of hard drives that I salvaged from some old Desktops. Both were C:\ drives in there original form, both are partitioned, The smaller partitions held the manufacturers Recovery programs probably.

I have just put them in caddies to use as storage, but I can't delete the partitions.

I can format both partitions.

I removed my C:\ drive and replaced it with one of these drives, stuck in a WIn 7 installation disk and was still unable to delete the partitions.

It's not a problem having them partitioned, but it's really niggling me that I can't delete them.

So what's the secret?

Just been there myself Phone, I could delete a partition but was unable to extend the other using the deleted partitions space.

Google had the answer, delete both partitions, right click on the Drive and Create new volume.

I've been going round in circles for hours bfore Googling. Easy when you know how, thanks.

if you wan tto deal with partitions again here is a very useful free tool that does a lot more.

http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html

ive used it to merge existing partitions back in to one while there was still an os on it. theres a chance of things to go wrong doing that but this software managed it quite well.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Many Toshiba lappy drives are a pain for hidden/locked partitions only removable with a recovery/install disk for that particular lappy.

Far too much Argo! Pull it; stick it in an octopus rig; run it on another PC in windows and just delete the lot with whatever partition software you want!

Never ever had any issues with tosh hidden partitions.

True true.

Easy if you have an octopus rig as well! ( if you don't know it's a jerry rigged PC psu to power the hdd then a sata/IDE to USB converter)

Simply allows you to pull any hdd and power it up in a PC without pulling the PC appart

Edited by kirisute