Reincarnation - has anyone looked at the evidence?

The Flying Tench

I don't believe in reincarnation for several reasons, not least cos I don't really understand what it means to say I am the same person as someone else who lived years ago. But I occasionally get told of supposedly strong evidence from people who have known amazingly detailed things from the past that they would supposedly only know if they had been there.

Has anyone looked into this?

john clarke

Strange that nobody was ever a nobody in a previous life......

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

What "strong evidence"? I've yet to see any "strong evidence" for any supernatural occurences. As a Christian the concept of reincarnation should be an anathema to you.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

They probably heard or read it somewhere and its just the subconscious mind at work. Its amazing how much detail you pick up subconsciously and you dont even know it.

Your too kind. More likely the product of an over active imagination and wishful thinking.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory,

No evidence to the contrary is "strong evidence" - isn't it?

Phone

As for this remark, """" As a Christian the concept of reincarnation should be an anathema to you."""" I believe Christ is risen, truely risen. How could that not be reincarnated and be anathema?

Edited by Phone

Cory,

No evidence to the contrary is "strong evidence" - isn't it?

Phone

As for this remark, """" As a Christian the concept of reincarnation should be an anathema to you."""" I believe Christ is risen, truely risen. How could that not be reincarnated and be anathema?

I don't understand your reasoning. That would mean that there is "strong evidence" for the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, yetis, the Loch Ness Monster. Mòrag (The Loch Morar Monster, Nessie's 'cousin'), unicorns, mermaids, satyrs, fairies and any other mythological creature.

Reincarnation is rebirth into an incarnation that may be a totally different form from the first existence, for example a human could be reincarnated into a cow or a rabbit.

In Judeo-Christion ressurection, the idea of resurrection is a transformation of the body into an immortal form of existence, but there is a relationship between the physical body that dies and the body that is raised to immortality. The body that dies is the exact body that is raised, yet it is transformed, but the ressurection is a physical one.

Luke 24

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

John 2

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Why do us atheists always have to know more about the theology of your religion than those amongst you that claim to be Christian? Mr Tench should know this because he is either a clergyman or a lay preacher in the Anglican church.

Beleif in re-incarnation is a heresy. John Calvin or Martin Luther would have had you burned on the stake for what you have just written.

Edited by corydoras

Your too kind. More likely the product of an over active imagination and wishful thinking.

Just like visions IMHO, :icecream:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Cory,

More likely, I was a butterfly or perhaps an old Testament angel. Not sure about the intermitent(sp) years.

My point is, it is a matter of faith alone and yours is no better than the next. A better questions would be the other way around. Seems the Christians have the upper hand right now. You have the preponderance for proof the believers are wrong.

As for heresy, you say that - we don't - we're full in reincarnation. We are simply a bit selective in what we are to report incarnate or reincarnate. We report only really good guys or bums - like Ken says.

Phone