Reincarnation - has anyone looked at the evidence?

The Flying Tench

Chesters1,

I don't think you've thought this all the way through. Without "our" way the net effect/affect would be a couple BILLION more people (many Europeans and Brits). You would have neighbors within 50 of your place.

Phone

If your not a bishop or pope lots

Exactly.I can't understand Americans somerimes. They don't want to pay tax to fund a proper healthcare system, but millions of them will let some unqualified "pastor" with a two-bit bible bilk them out of 5% to 10% of their salary, and the old barsteward gets it tax free. Nice work if you can get it. No wonder the call them their "flock". A flock of sheeple; all being fleeced. Can I have an Amen to that? In Jesus name I pray. If there ever was a Jesus he must be rolling in his grave.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

My ex used to dismiss buddhists as "basically just Hindu's", pointing out that they believe in the Hindu pantheon and that you will find Hindu deities represented in most buddhist temples.

I've visited a few since that conversation and sure enough....

I've never even been to a Buddhist temple, but I thought the very notion of a temple was about being a place where God dwelt. I appreciate that most western Buddhists don't believe in a God, and it may well be that the Buddha didn't, but I must say stuff I have read supports Ken's view that in practice many eastern Buddhists do believe in (mainly Hindu) deities.

I've just checked a book on my shelf by Christmas Humphreys on Buddhism. He does say that Buddhism is essentially atheistic, but goes on to say that Buddha maintained about Reality 'a noble silence'. He appears to be saying that Buddha was saying that if there is a Transcendent Reality it is unknowable.

Regarding my claim that I would change my christian beliefs if science proved any of them wrong, Cory, I am afraid your renewed attack on creationism seems irrelevant as you know well that, like most christians, I am not a creationist. I take your point that this raises some questions about a space-time fall, but it is an exaggeration to say that means I can't believe in original sin or redemption.

john clarke

Jon

I know that you are not a creationist, but if you are not what are your grounds for belief in original sin and the need for redemtion?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

There we go boys build this spend half your life prostrated in front of it then realise in the time you spent wishing you could have actually done something and got your wishes outside of the room its in<br /><br />

<a href='<a href='http://www.ehow.com/how_5031311_make-buddhist-altar.html'>http://www.ehow.com/how_5031311_make-buddhist-altar.html</a>'><a href='http://www.ehow.com/how_5031311_make-buddhist-altar.html'>http://www.ehow.com/how_5031311_make-buddhist-altar.html</a></a><br />

<br />

My old employer imported his from japan and going by the packing crate it was probably very expensive ,i asked as it was japanese and not some plastic version ig got better reception ,he didnt answer but he didnt do well in this country (or the jewish genes got in the way) so iguess even real genuine antique alters and their bit of paper do bugger all and the chanting is a form of self hypnosis rather than tapping on the shoulder of a fat statue for favours ,perhaps enlightenment means after 50 yesrs you realise its all pointless?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Exactly.I can't understand Americans somerimes. They don't want to pay tax to fund a proper healthcare system, but millions of them will let some unqualified "pastor" with a two-bit bible bilk them out of 5% to 10% of their salary, and the old barsteward gets it tax free. Nice work if you can get it. No wonder the call them their "flock". A flock of sheeple; all being fleeced. Can I have an Amen to that? In Jesus name I pray. If there ever was a Jesus he must be rolling in his grave.

Hi Cory

Its been a while mate

If there was a Jesus he did! right out of it in fact rolled a big stone out the way as well The pastor thing has always made me chuckle

An old Nigerian pall of mine was Keen on becoming a pastor. each to his own I thought but after a while it became apparant to me that it was to him a good way to get rich,some of these West African church pastors get to earn rock star status amoungst there flock drive Limos and wear Italian suits when there followers have to sh1t in thier own drinking water.

I would have a lot more faith in the chistian faith if more of its preachers showed a bit of solidarity with the followers some do granted but not enough.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Hi Cory

Its been a while mate

If there was a Jesus he did! right out of it in fact rolled a big stone out the way as well The pastor thing has always made me chuckle

An old Nigerian pall of mine was Keen on becoming a pastor. each to his own I thought but after a while it became apparant to me that it was to him a good way to get rich,some of these West African church pastors get to earn rock star status amoungst there flock drive Limos and wear Italian suits when there followers have to sh1t in thier own drinking water.

I would have a lot more faith in the chistian faith if more of its preachers showed a bit of solidarity with the followers some do granted but not enough.

It seems to me that most of these religious types lack imagination. It never seems to occur to them that there could be an afterlife with many gods; or that there could be a god, but no afterlife; or that there could be an afterlife without gods; or there might be a god with a really twisted sense of humour where the good guys go to hell and the bad guys go to heaven.

Edited by corydoras

Cory, your a God :sun: , where you been buster.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”