Rock Fishing ? Swanage to Bognor

tinca steve

32 people have looked at my post but no replies, maybe I have not asked the question correctly.

I am try to find out if there are any spots along that part of the coast or near to it that some rock style fishing can be done. Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

sorry steve, i'm one of those who looked but i'm based in the north east so can't help but if you're up here give me a shout, there are plenty of rock marks near the road with parking nearbye. No gurnard but plenty of whiting and cod at the moment but it's a long drive.

if trying somewhere new i often scope around the rocks via google maps to find parking, possible features etc.

sorry can't be of more help.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Thanks for the effort, had a look on google maps but could not see what I was looking for , need a boat to go right along that piece of coast -- now that would be ace.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

I looked too, it was Saturday, it was quiet, I live close to the coast in-between Swanage and Bognor, so I looked, however I know jack sh.. about sea fishing - I do know it's not the rockiest bit of coastline in the country, the Swanage end is better for rocky.

If you just want to get to the sea with close (and free) parking, Hurst Spit is one place I can think of, I don't know about the fishing, although I see people trying - you can park in New Lane @SZ298910.

Maybe phone some local tackle shops if you get no joy here.

Try on WSF,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 1 month later...

Durlston bay or more commonly known as Zig Zaggs is not a bad walk down. This is a rocky beach so good chance of losing tackle but not as bad as some places. Not had any Gurnard here but have not fished for them, we fished for Conger with large baits.Parking make your way towards Durlston country park before you get there you will see some flats on the left park by an arch in the wall a go through the gate ( takes a bit of finding )