What have I started!?

Phil Adams

there is a browning aerial on that well known site this week ,but has a silly high price ,should anyone be intrested in the ultimate red aerial .

red is best

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Chavender,

Thanks for the link - I am really interested now! I wonder if I could prevail on your obvious knowledge in these matters - would one of these be suitable as my main trotting reel on the rivers (Kennet/Thames/Loddon) for 6x4 stick floats as well as larger avon/chubbers? Targeting chub, roach, dace, grayling and the odd barbel? And how heavy are they - it doesn't say on the website?

Thanks

M

Chavender,

Thanks for the link - I am really interested now! I wonder if I could prevail on your obvious knowledge in these matters - would one of these be suitable as my main trotting reel on the rivers (Kennet/Thames/Loddon) for 6x4 stick floats as well as larger avon/chubbers? Targeting chub, roach, dace, grayling and the odd barbel? And how heavy are they - it doesn't say on the website?

Thanks

M

yes , but there is a but ,these are true centrepins that use bushes (rather than bearings) ,and being brand new will take a little time to run in ,they'll get smoother the more you use them .they're pretty free running out the box ,and will only get better with time .

start with the heavier floats ,they'll have no problems ,the lighter ones should be ok with the occational helping hand for a while .

the reels are light ,because of their caged construction and high grade of alloy used .i'll way mine later .I can tell you though that the narrow version weighed 289.2g {10.2oz} . i don't think the wide spoolled ones will be much more .less than a little perch.

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Am I the only person to have bought a couple of pins and just see them as normal reels...? They are sitting in the pile of other reels in the tackle shed and come out every now and then for some trotting. I think I must be immune to the pin fever ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo - trust me no-one is immune from pin-fever - I thought I was once.

Its only a matter of time. ;-)

M

And it grows and grows and growssssss and grrrooowwwssssssssssssssssss and spins on +on + on spin my precious spin

I have 9 that I use and a lot more in my collection.

Edited by tinca steve

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

there is a browning aerial on that well known site this week ,but has a silly high price ,should anyone be intrested in the ultimate red aerial .

red is best

Nice reels, one of my favourites, but crazy at that price - I know the location of one on a dealers shelf available for less than that! There's a Rotator on there too currently - very nice reels, at the silly price they normally go for.

Does nothing for me personally, but I guess one or two others watching this thread will be drooling ... just appeared

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251215301817?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyone care to guess what a NEW Richard Carter Aerial Gem will go for? :-)

Guest bbamboo

Hi Chavender

Please could we have a rear view lol, is the back plate smooth like the jet ?

Also is the spool edge square or rounded like an original match aerial

gary