in or out

barry luxton

I feel sorry for the reported 800,000 British that live and work in Spain. They have now the uncertainty of whether they are going to be able to use their homes year round as they do now, or carry on with their businesses.

( Non EU people can only live in their properties for two 90 day periods in any calender year)

At the moment they have total freedom to do both, the pensioners also enjoy free healthcare under the reciprocal agreement, and get their pensions with the same periodic rises as if they were in Britain.

I tried to ask "Her Majesties Ambassador to Spain" Giles Paxman this lunchtime when i was invited to a lunch meeting he attended with the Brit consulate to Alicante and a number of Spanish politicians and VIPs, what his opinion was on the matter with regard to British immigrants...But he refused to make any comment on the subject.

Very helpful to the worried British.... :clap3::clap3:

I feel sorry for the reported 800,000 British that live and work in Spain. They have now the uncertainty of whether they are going to be able to use their homes year round as they do now, or carry on with their businesses.

( Non EU people can only live in their properties for two 90 day periods in any calender year)

At the moment they have total freedom to do both, the pensioners also enjoy free healthcare under the reciprocal agreement, and get their pensions with the same periodic rises as if they were in Britain.

I tried to ask "Her Majesties Ambassador to Spain" Giles Paxman this lunchtime when i was invited to a lunch meeting he attended with the Brit consulate to Alicante and a number of Spanish politicians and VIPs, what his opinion was on the matter with regard to British immigrants...But he refused to make any comment on the subject.

Very helpful to the worried British.... :clap3::clap3:

I don't, they chose to go live in a foreign country and as such should have weighed up the risks of political change, they made their beds...... they could always apply for Spanish citizenship, if they have been there for the required ten years of course.

nice lunch ?

I wasn't there to eat unfortunately, although i wish i stayed, it looked good.

What are you saying? That the British should stay in their own country and never move? Seems a strange attitude, which of course you are entitled to.

What of the British businesses, small and big? From little shops to Barclays....Serves them right for having ambition i suppose....

I don't, they chose to go live in a foreign country and as such should have weighed up the risks of political change, they made their beds...... they could always apply for Spanish citizenship, if they have been there for the required ten years of course.

nice lunch ?

A free lunch no doubt paid for by the very same people he is fond of criticizing. e3918.gif

I,m in the same mind set as you, they chose that life style now there may be consequences they have to deal with.

Give them citizenship in a country where 1 in 4 is unemployed, and their health system is in dire need of money and medicines ? i doubt it,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I wasn't there to eat unfortunately, although i wish i stayed, it looked good.

What are you saying? That the British should stay in their own country and never move? Seems a strange attitude, which of course you are entitled to.

What of the British businesses, small and big? From little shops to Barclays....Serves them right for having ambition i suppose....

Nothing wrong with living/working in foreign climes if that's what they want, their choice, their risk.

I'm sure those with property/businesses out there can still sell those assets if it was to go tights up, probably have to take a considerable financial hit but again, their choice their risk.

Feel sorry for Barclays ? are you serious ? not in a million lifetimes.

Afraid you'd have to enlighten me as to what Branson and BP are up to in Spain. I also fail to see why the Spanish would want to kick out brits who are running successful businesses and paying their tax share, are they not desperate for the money ? Or is as Barrusso says everything now hunky dory in the eurozone ?

Afraid you'd have to enlighten me as to what Branson and BP are up to in Spain. I also fail to see why the Spanish would want to kick out brits who are running successful businesses and paying their tax share, are they not desperate for the money ? Or is as Barrusso says everything now hunky dory in the eurozone ?

Branson and BP are not up to anything in Spain...But they "outside of the UK" as you put it...They "Chose to leave these shores" i think you said.

Show me where i said the British would be kicked out?? What i DID say was that they will lose the status they have at the moment, and have to endure the same conditions that other non EU nationals have to.

Examples:

As i said, only being able to live in the country for two 90 day periods in a calender year. Plus pensioners losing the right to their free healthcare.

as just a few. ......How anyone can run a "successful business" when they are only allowed 2 x 90 day periods is beyond me...

Please don't think that they would get any "Special treatment just because they are British" They wont.

Exactly the same as the country wont get any special treatment if they left. Unfortunately (and i mean this truthfully) Between the gutter press with their constant Xenophobic remarks and Cameron who is seen as arrogant by most people in continental Europe (in my experience), the British are not the most popular, which is a shame as i know a lot of nice Brits..

The ones that haven't been invited to France already you mean.......Did you see that French minister invite all Brit companies that want to be assured a future in the EU to go there?

He even said he would put a Red Carpet out for them. :bye2::bye2: