bite alarms

fisher28

I don't know if anyone could help me with a quick question. After meaning to do it for months I finally bought a GF alarm last night, as I don't have a paypal account I sent my sister the link and got her to buy it. She's had an email back saying which LED colour would I like. Does this just mean which colour the light flashes when there is a bite? Which is the best colour? I didn't know red or green, or maybe another colour.

Thanks

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

I've had red and blue in the past. Blue shows up better in daylight but can be overpowering at night. It makes it difficult to see the indicator and completely drowns out my Betalights. So if you plan to fish in the dark I'd definitely avoid blue. My choice would be red as this doesn't ruin your night vision.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've had red and blue in the past. Blue shows up better in daylight but can be overpowering at night. It makes it difficult to see the indicator and completely drowns out my Betalights. So if you plan to fish in the dark I'd definitely avoid blue. My choice would be red as this doesn't ruin your night vision.

Thanks Steve. Don't night fish so blue should do the trick. Cheers

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

• 4 weeks later...

My GF bite alarm came this week. On the whole it looks very nice and good quality. I'll give it a proper review when I've tried it out on the banks.

Dave

Hi All, sorry i haven't been on here for a while but if anyone has any questions about my alarms don't hesitate to ask.

Dave, hope you are pleased with the alarm and if you have any issues at all just let me know.

Steve, as always thanks for the good words you write about my alarms, really is appreciated.

Thanks

Phil