Cruel?

me

chesters1:

doesnt bread have feelings too :mad:

No Chesters, only the yeast used to make it has feelings and that was slowly roasted to death in its making, mother and daughter cells together, so it's only the invasive bacteria and growing fungal spores that you need feel sorry for as they transit from air to water and are consumed by fish.

RIP little multi-celled organisms.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP little multi-celled organisms

Leon - I'm shocked. A racist remark from you.

How can you possibly imply (by exclusion) that unicellular creatures aren't worthy of our pity?

If you aren't careful, the OBE (Organization of prokaryotes [also known as bacteria] and eukaryotes) will be up in arms (well, they would if they had arms) and bringing a lawsuit against AN for your thoughtless, hurtful comment.

[ 26. February 2004, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

trent.barbeler:

Yes sadly, I remember the Beverly Sisters. Sunday Night at the London Paladium. Jim Tarbuck's first compare night. A young Bruce Forsyth. Torchy the Battery Boy. Watch with Mother. Woodentops. Bill and Ben. First episode of Dr Who.

I'm guessing that Trenters must be of a similar vintage to my own 1956. It's essential that I know, because I'm not sure whether to be patronising and speak loudly about rationing and Churchill and stuff, or to suss him out about how mad we all were in the '70s.

On the memories front, despite my early years being spent in a caravan without the blessing of TV, I can still remember Twizzle, Hoppity and Mr. Pastry, plus Rawhide, Wagon Train and Gunsmoke.

Strangely, these days I often can't remember to

take my mobile phone with me and always forget vital items of tackle, but I can still sing the theme tune to Hoppity. Which is useful, ay?

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Mad in the 70's, that was tame! During the 60's, now that was really mad. I mean we had a ventriloquist on the radio! It was great and you couldn't see his lips move, Peter Brough and Archie Andrews! Televised flagilation of young boys was seen as funny, Billy Bunter. Racism was seen as hilarious, Alf Garnet. We had a fleet of pirate radio ships that out numbered the British Navy, they were the days. The Isle of Wight pop festivals when the authorities didn't care just how many passengers the ferries carried. It cost 12.5p to go and see the Rolling Stones, and the TV's in our government surplus bivvies were black and white!

Peter Waller:

Mad in the 70's, that was tame!

Not the way I carried on, it wasn't!

My sons think I'm such an old Victorian. If ONLY they knew! I'll gather them about me one day and reveal all.

'Now lads, who, out of us four, do you think once lived for three weeks in a Thai brothel - all expenses on the house? And who regularly partied for four days without the SLIGHTEST recollection of what happened? Guess who it was, lads, that had to be forcibly removed from the top of a famous (and extremely high) UK bridge after being caught attempting to un-bolt a dirty great lamp whilst out of his brains on cider?'

My lot will bloody-well FAINT when they find out how wild their mega-straight ol' dad really was.

And I'll prove that they didn't invent 'THAT', either! Should be an interesting chat, methinks. :D

Newt:

How can you possibly imply (by exclusion) that unicellular creatures aren't worthy of our pity?

And organic compounds also have the potential to become integrated into living entities, so any suffering they have experienced could be construed as 'pre-suffering' by the creature in which they become integrated (especially by homeopathic mechanics)!

And I guess that inorganics have the potential for conversion to organics through cosmic transmogrification (I love that word!).

Cruelty in everything we do! I cannot bear the burden of pity and guilt any longer - I think I'll take the day of and go fishing.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon Roskilly:

Cruelty in everything we do! I cannot bear the burden of pity and guilt any longer - I think I'll take the day of and go fishing.

Yeah - but that's being cruel to those of us who can't go fishing!

Leon, you're incorrigible.

corydoras:

How can it be cruel, I thought we were all of the opinion that fish cannot feel pain?

To be honest I've always been of the opinion that fish feel pain to some degree but to put this into perspective I don't believe that a creature that has evolved to root through stones and debris with it's mouth is likely to feel pain from practices employed by a good and careful angler.

Peter,

A ventriloquist on the radio very good, I mean if they put that into a comedy today people would call it surreal.

I know over here in Ireland on our national radio station (RTE) dancing was regularly on the programming as part of a traditional Irish music shows or else there was some very talented men with coconuts. :D:D

Dear Terry,

A lady never reveals her age nor I might add, does a true gentleman ask it. Just send me two thousand quid for some new dresses and we'll forget all about it.

"transmogrification" Isn't that the word for moving domestic cats off ones bed, down the stairs to the front door, and with a sharp nudge up its backside, relegate said feline to the confines of the dark night air??

Or is Leon trying to be Phill Hackett again? (smiley face)

Regards,

Lee