Mr. Crabtree On TV

Elton

missed it :( any catch up services offering it?

It's repeated later in the week, on sunday I think.

I agree with Alan, he could do with a few lessons on using a centre pin, and the ratchet nearly drove me mad. But on the whole I enjoyed this weeks. There seemed (to me) to be a better conection between JB and the youngster. The kid helped make the programme for me, (even if the little swine did beat my PB roach by 1oz). <_<

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Not seen any yet . Suppose its down to expectations . Do you want to learn ? , probably not be much to learn . Do you want a pat on the back & say thats how i used to do it ? . probably wont get that either . Personally id rather not see any or hear about these petty divisions we have in angling ,who's best etc, i used to call myself a Specimen Hunter cos it sounded better than All Rounder , forget the title , enjoy what you do , catch fish & you'll earn respect .

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

Not seen any yet . Suppose its down to expectations . Do you want to learn ? , probably not be much to learn . Do you want a pat on the back & say thats how i used to do it ? . probably wont get that either . Personally id rather not see any or hear about these petty divisions we have in angling ,who's best etc, i used to call myself a Specimen Hunter cos it sounded better than All Rounder , forget the title , enjoy what you do , catch fish & you'll earn respect .

I don't see any "divisions" in the posts, just opinions offered as a critique of the programme. As for the "pat on the back" statement, if you are going to use an iconic image like the one surrounding the works of BV as a theme for a programme, then you should at least live up to that image.

I also suggest that you watch the programmes before making comment on those that have.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It was an enjoyable watch. There's precious little original stuff about fishing on the box, so it makes a refreshing change to see an attempt to go "back to basics".

Keep it coming!

Our chief weapon is surprise

The first episode had me cringeing at times. Taking the rod from the Peter, THEN loosing the fish. I bet he dosen't dare go down the pub now! The second episode was much better with some beautiful fish.

well I caught up with the Wensum episode on Sunday; catching roach and chub and dace.

enjoyable I guess; not quite what I expected and I didn't think he gave the lad as much help or chance as he should have.

What is nice to see is the return to basics that are so very important! the fun of fishing is keeping it simple and basic; at least in my book: and to see a program exonerating that was really nice...reminds a little of A Passion for Angling but the camera work and presentation isn't half as good.

still worth a watch though......now if only I could scam a place on that stretch of the Wensum just up the road from me......

Although I enjoyed watching it as I do any fishing programme, I couldn't help thinking that it should have been shown much earlier as it seemed to me to be aimed more towards 7 to 13 year olds.

I like John Bailey but perhaps this series should have been given the Hugh Miles & Bernard Cribbins magic format to make it more interesting to everyone including the more wizand angler and the non-angler as well.

I missed last weeks but I don't think I'll be worrying too much in future if I miss any more of these programs other than possibly any small river ones on Barbel or any more on Chub and Dace.

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)