Colin McRae Documentary

Elton

From the BBC site:

BBC2 10pm Sunday 27th January
Racing Legends - COLIN MCRAE

Olympic hero Sir Chris Hoy tells the story of Britain's first-ever World Rally Champion, Colin McRae. Along with Colin's father, Jimmy, himself a five-time British Rally Champion, Sir Chris visits the scenes of Colin's greatest rally driving triumphs.

From exploring Colin's roots as a Scottish trials bikes champ to driving the route of the Dakar rally over the dunes of the Sahara desert, Sir Chris will re-live McRae's career and be trained to drive sideways by another big fan - American Rally Superstar Ken Block. Sir Hoy's final challenge will be to swap his push bike for a monster Subaru Impreza world rally car on a rough and ready stage of the RAC Rally, the home of Colin's famous 1995 victory.

One that I definitely want to watch. This was scheduled to be aired over Christmas, but pulled at the 11th hour.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I agree Colin, the recklessness seemed to be a common theme with almost everything he did. Pretty good programme though on the whole.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

The man was fearless, but also foolhardy. He missed out on many titles because of his recklessness, and in the end it was his reckless streak that was his undoing.

On the whole, it was a good documentary; I put it on for my car-mad son and ended up watching the whole thing, riveted.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Yep, it certainly was a case of living and dying be the sword. Some of the crashes he walked away from were incredible, but not many people walk away from a helicopter crash like that.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE