Get rich quick scam

littlefeathers

Im in between jobs at the moment,im trying to find a part time job that fits around school hours but theres just nothing in the job centre or local papers. :( I've even advertised in the local shop window 'Jack 'ie' of all trades seeks part time job.

Anyway a friend of a friend has a job stuffing envelopes at home and I thought this sort of job would suit me for the time being, so I enquired further and got the job. Now heres the exciting bit ---------- :) The pay is approx £10 per 1,000 envelopes, easy money - or so I thought

I have been doing this now for just over 2 weeks, each morning I drive 4 miles to collect the envelopes then drive 4 miles back returning them the next morning. Each job is slightly different and no matter what routine I get into I cant manage more than 200 envelopes per hour, that works out at a staggering £2.00 per hour . The last job, was even better, that worked out at an amazing £1.50 an hour and then I had to carry 20 heavy boxes into the house and then 20 heavy sacks out of the house. So, my little get rich quick scam has not quite gone to plan, :confused: that's probably why I'm still an apprentice Witch.

At what stage do you say to yourself 'it's just not worth it? :confused: :(:D

Mandy.

littlefeathers:

At what stage do you say to yourself 'it's just not worth it? :confused: :(:D

Mandy.

Seems to me you just got to that stage :(

2 things spring to mind here, have you thought about cleaning peoples (posh) houses?

Over here we have a parcel delivery service as the post office don't deliver parcels, it is contracted out. The delivery people get paid by the kilometer and seem to be doing ok.

Home workers have been ripped off for years so don't feel too bad about it

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

My daughter tried this to earn extra money for her holiday, some years ago.

My wife and I had to help her, to meet the deadlines.

After a week, I put a stop to it and gave her the money myself. :(

Have you tried the local department stores and bigger shops.

The ones in our local towns are all advertising for "seasonal staff", at the moment.

It may mean you have to dress up in red furry costumes, tinsel etc., but I get the impression you might enjoy that.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

You could try:

(AVON) http://www.avon.uk.com

(KLEENEZE) http://www.kleeneze.co.uk

(BETTERWARE) http://www.betterware.co.uk

Or why not do all three and reduce the number of streets you cover. That should save some time!

Even delivering your local free paper would be more profitable than stuffing envelopes.

If it's anything like ours then you'll earn a fortune for all the extra leaflets.

[ 07. November 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: bitsbobs ]

Delivering leaflets and junk mail seems to be popular, but I think you need several contracts that you can do simultaneously, to make it worthwhile.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

We have a girl near us who does avon, she did it part time to earn extra money but has recently gone full time with it and is doing very well. In my opinion, macup is a must for most women, so it is definately better than betterware etc, build a nice local round and hey presto. Good luck. Dave

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

Alan Taylor:

Originally posted by bitsbobs:

[qb] You could try:

I see that the Kleenez is based in Martins road

BRISTOL, coincidence or what :)

Alan

----------------------------------------------

Alan, Kleenex is less than 1/4 mile from our house :D although all the local rounds have been covered and in some cases twice .

Thanks everyone else for your comments, im still busy stuffing but next week i shall be telling them to 'stuff it' themselves, I've had enough :(

Luckily we are not that desperate for the money, I think the leaflet distribution looks like my next line of enquiry :)

quote:

I think the leaflet distribution looks like my next line of enquiry
:)
[/QB]

A friend of mine does it, she has 6 to 8 different types of junk mail to distribute, she has them lined up on the dining room table,coffee table and ironing board, that way she walks round making up individual stacks, folds them and then puts them in panniers on the sides of her bike and on the rack on the back.

Rain, snow, sleet of sunshine she delivers to hundreds of houses. Luckily her hobby is walking marathons, serious.

Good luck to you.

Alan(nl) :)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

littlefeathers:

I think the leaflet distribution looks like my next line of enquiry :)

A fit young maid like you should cope well with that.

Finding several sets of leaflets that can be delivered on the same day is the answer. They usually specify a period of a few days that they want people to find them through their letterbox. Sometimes it has to be done in daylight hours.

[ 08. November 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net