Hello - New Here

matt19norwich

Hello,

Im Matt im new to these forums. Although ive been fishing for some time ive not joined a fishing forum before.

Im from Norwich and and a bit of an all rounder. Usually just fishing whatever takes my fancy on the day!

Hope to get a bit of insight around here on different tactics and venues as well as information on various places to fish in Norfolk.

So my first question, has anyone fished recently at Horstead Mill near Coltishall in Norfolk? If so, what did you have out of there? When roughly did you go and weather conditions? Its supposed to be a bit chilly this weekend when I go but ill be aiming for Roach mainly so hopefully wont do too bad!

Thanks for any info!

Matt

Hi Matt and welcome to Anglers' Net.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Matt

living on the essex suffolk border the norfolk broads and surrounding area is a fair trip from me but I do it regularly summer time and for a number of years.

However the upper bure is not something I have fished much.

You need to ask john bailey our new super mr crabtree man :D

So maybe a local or 2 will help but if you need to know more about the fens, a short trip from you, or the more tidal reaches then please ask again.

I have looked at it a few times and it screams big chub and roach too me.

John

Hi Mate

having read your post again if it was me and not needing lots of bites to make me happy I would take 2 rods and 2 loaves of bread.

I would fish big bits of crust on the hook fishing into dark and mash the other bits into a bucket with a bit of water to make them sink and keep chucking them in.

You could get a real lump either roach or chub.

John

Not many Chub in there I'm afraid. I'm sure the odd one comes out now and then but not commonplace by any means. Good Roach can be had from the gravel run at the end of the pool, exceptional Dace and I've even had a Brown trout out of there too.

It can be a very challenging place and it's very very snaggy but you might beat your PB Mountain Bike if you're lucky.

There are far better places on the Broads for general fishing but I'd say it's unparalleled for its Dace.

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Thanks for all the advice,

Although I wont be aiming for chub they would be a bonus fish. Was hoping for a roach/dace session and even the odd perch.

Ive been told that there are bream on the other side of the mill pond so if they are there that would also be a bonus.

Thanks

matt