House of Horrors

Guest Martin Salisbury

Guest Martin Salisbury

Nothing to do with fishing this post but I thought you might all be interested in the following site especially if you're considering moving soon. It tells you about potential risks to property, all you need is the postcode

www2.homecheck.co.uk

Tried it....not too sure I'd use it, though. Apparently, I'm at the lowest level of risk for flooding. Sure, my house itself is fine, but I'm cut off from civilization every time it rains of late frown.gif

It's a good starting place, though, if you follow up your findings with a bit of usual groundwork. A good solicitor helps, too wink.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Roy Meincken

Yeah thanks for that Martin - trouble is, the info contained therein is fairly "non-specific" in so far as the threat of flood/strife/pestilence etc. is only based on historical precedent.

We live 300 yards from the River Mole and about 24 inches lower than it. I'm keeping everything crossed but looks like we're gonna be OK.

Roy

Guest Martin Salisbury

bloody hell i'm only trying to help! tongue.gif

seriously,if it's not showing much then you're okay aren't you!

Wait till you find your house is built on a rubbish dump!! It is only general info because you have to pay for the full investigation but a good starting point especially if you are moving from one end of the country to the other and haven't got a clue.

Martin

PS Elton ignaore the bit in my email about this I didn't realise you'd moved it to here!