Normark match rods

Guest tigger

Has anyone got any of the Normark range of rods?

I am curious if they're worth their heafty price tag or not.Has anyone ever used one and would they recommend them ?

I am considering getting the microlite ll combined with a centrepin for trotting and one of their multi feeders but would like some opinions off some of you knowlegable fishermen.

Cheer

Tigger.

I brought a normark vantage match about 7 years ago for over £120 and I have had many a pleasurable days fishing with it. very light for its age. I would say that they are well worth the high price tag. But I was a little more well off then and would probably shop around for something a bit cheaper now as there are some very good rods out there for a fraction of the price. A good mate of mine brought one of the 15ft Ron thompson rods for about £50 from WMAC and it is an amazing rod for the price.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I can't comment on the latest Normark rods, but some years ago their hollow top models were streets ahead of the competition. A rod-building friend was even known to buy a full blank just for the superb top joint!

The first really good carbon float rods that I ever handled were the Normark NMB series in the early 80s. I had two of the 13 footers made up and used them for many years. Not cheap, but money well spent.

In those days at least there was a tremendous difference between the top rods and cheaper models from other manufacturers. Until you'd handled the former you had no idea what you were missing! Once you had, you were unlikely to be satisfied with anything less!

In later years the gap began to narrow, and these days is likely to be narrower still. In fact today's cheap rods are often excellent value for money. You now have to pay a lot more for a small increase in performance. Whether it's worth doing so is up to the individual.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

http://www.tacklebargain.com - I've got one of the Normark Avengers from there (£450 RRP - label scrathed off, so now £180!) and I absolutely love it.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thank's for your replys.

Elton thank's for the link to tacklebargain.

I found another online shop who are advertising them at £249 (not seconds) but when i contacted them they have let me have the microlite for £170 i'm just waiting for it to arrive.I'm looking forward to getting it, i must admit!

I'm gonna see what they will do a 13ft quiver for next.

Cheers

Tigger

i have just bought a second hand microlite 13ft match for the pricely sum of

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

£10.00 :D:P

and it's not been nicked

les

[ 29. September 2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: les middy ]

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

I have Several Normark Rods 2 Feeders and at the moment 3 Normark Professionals (eBay ) 2 of which were made by Terry Eustace I bought them in the 80s off Terry and there are great. I am still using the 2 float rods for Barbel with a Stanton Adcock . . and doing well.

I have an SMTP feeder and another one which is a little stiff for my needs and in need of a refurbishment (1 day :)

All the Normark were worth it in the 1980 but today as stated there is not a lot to chose in rods. and to save money.

All my rods are classical I even use a Norboron for waggler work.

Just realised I have 6 Normarks :):):) Great Rods . I couldn't afford them today.

Best Wishes

MDG

{2008. Editor's note - for Normark fishing items for sale, please click here}

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com