RNLI survey

barry luxton

Barry, I responded because of the importance of the RNLI, rather than any worries about what the Truss might do...I'm more than happy to give the RNLI my thoughts...and my money, just a shame the Govt. doesn't feel inclined to support them fully!

yes i have heard the RNLI wish to remain outside of the government clutches. I had email correspondance with RNLI guys yesterday Worms and made the point that the information is given freely to them in their work with anglers, unfortunatly the trust are going to use this information on their political endeavors such as the link with the rubbish cfp.

Leon, you and your chums of the trust, EAA are NO longer welcome to post or comment on any of my activitites throughout the net. This is following your faceless and gutless chums lock out from the kent & essex sea anglers (ifca) and the trusts facebook page and also the EAA facebook, just go away.

post from wsf for information: Originally Posted by REG PHILLIPSviewpost-right.png

After hearing some advice I would like to clarify, I fully support those who have taken the time to complete the RNLI survey and that my comments are directed at those who are intent on slagging off the AT at every opportunity.................................
and my reply.

don't trust the trust Reg, nothing they have done for the rsa gives me comfort. Now their skipper has dragged the rsa into the failed cfp is the lowest of the low in my book, yet they never even asked the angler, that stinks.

The RNLI confirmed tonight that it would be sharing the information with the trust. Thats another major concern that the trust would use that information without mandate. That stinks.

fwiw i completed the survey without realising that the trust would be using the information. That part digusts me. Live with it, i will have to.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

shame on anyone that stifles debating a topic by deleting posts. what happened to honesty and openness?.

Er, we're talking about the Angling Truss here, now in their fourth year of operation and more secretive than a really secret thing with extra secret bits. Mark Lloyd, the CEO of the Truss is renowned for ignoring pertinent questions put to him by anglers (whether members of the Truss or not) and, if those questions are repeated he will ban/block those that post them. He even closed the Truss's own forum when he couldn't answer questions and some of the more militant members (his chosen few) were making the Gestapo look like an assemblage of sunday school teachers.

It's a shame he can't be done under the trade descriptions act!

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Seems a bit odd that the RNLI survey appears not to apply to Scotland, no offers of meetings etc in Scotland. A suspicious person would think that may be because the AT don't exist in Scotland - that cannot be right, there have been many tragedies involving anglers in Scotland too, if this is all about safety why is it not UK wide?

• Like 2

Seems a bit odd that the RNLI survey appears not to apply to Scotland, no offers of meetings etc in Scotland. A suspicious person would think that may be because the AT don't exist in Scotland - that cannot be right, there have been many tragedies involving anglers in Scotland too, if this is all about safety why is it not UK wide?

Yup you would think if it was RNLI driven it would be a UK wide campaign, rather than just in the AT's turf. Looks like it is AT driven and it's really nice to know that the opinions of Scottish anglers are of no interest to the RNLI in this case :( :(

Edited by Davy Holt
  • Like 1

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

It would appear that the face to face meetings and surveys are indeed taking place in England, Wales, Scotland and RoI. Nobody is being left out.

One thing to come out of this (especially some views on WSF C+P forum) is just how hated the AT are in some circles...some would rather stop donating to the RNLI than supply data about very basic sea angling habits (not including species, numbers or places of capture) that may be used by the AT....

off...nose....spite...cut...to...face...!

Regardless of what the Truss do with the info on my lifejacket I'm still going to give the RNLI as much support as I can.

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

100% support your post Nick, nice one. Good to know those guys are there for us, despite the cloud surrounding the trust. Shame the RNLI didn't try the angling forums and facebook site's etc in the first place, i just bet there would have been an enormous rush to help out, as opposed to the distrust shown by many anglers due to the route that they had choosen to take in the first place.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I have completed the survey, Im not that bothered who reads it. If it helps the safety of sea anglers then fine. I did think that some of the questions seemed a little vauge, I think it's just to ask how safe you are when you go fishing.

I am a member of the AT. The ONLY reason is the public liability insurance it gives. Personally, I would hate to have a crack off and hit someone, a chils? an OAP? a relative? with a 5oz lead and rig travelling at about 80mph

Personally I dont give a stuff about the politics in angling, in fact it should be kept out of it, a lot less hassle, it causes more trouble and arguements than it's worth. At the end of the day WE as Sea Anglers are in the sport for one reason, to catch fish and THAT'S all I care about.

I really could'nt give a toss if the AT organises matches for kids, gets involved in coservation work or swings stark bo**ock naked from a light fitting Im not interested. I wont get involved or join in.

My menbership was due to lapse last November, I was'nt going to renew it, On a lovely sunny day on the Promenade at CleveleysI put a straight out of the pack shop bought rig onto my line. 5 oz lead and just gently off the ground cast it. Half way through the cast the rig gave up and half a rig and a 5oz lead went whizzing past a young family walking on the Prom, missing them by about 3-4ft. They were not too impressed to say the least. I appologised and explained what had happened and after they saw I was using the correct tackle and shockleader they calmed down and accepted my appology and realised it was not my fault. Could have been ALOT worse.

As long as I have my insurance cover, I'm happy.

Edited by IanBass

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

perhaps you can be good enough to answer a few questions, Ianbass. And pheww that was a close shave. Have the trust told you of anyone claiming against this policy?

Was there any consultation, discussions, vote, by the trusts paid up members before they:

1. Mr Mitchels, sole agreement on behalf of the trust, re affirmation of the tope take ban, with defra and co?

2. Proposel to adopt the managemt of the southern irish bass fishing ideal and pressure for the uk to adopt both that ideal and the bass management plan, to include close seasons, bag limits management etc, against the angler. Any evidence put up re the plight of the bass stocks as both the trust and salter claims that it is in trouble?

3. Any consultation, mandate from the paid up members to press ahead with recreational angling link with the failed cfp?

Thanks in anticipation.

Can you give us any copy, link, or possible discussion with the anglers on the above. It would be most helpful to both devides if you could.

Edited by barry luxton
  • Like 1

To be honest Barry, no, I have not heard of anyone claiming on the policy. I'm just ASSUMING it's genuine. The N.F.S.A.(The good old days) had the same policy. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but SURELY if they advertise the policy then it must exist and be claimed against every year.

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!