live baiting for perch

oneillbox

Acceptable of course!

I've tried under my arm but kept losing the little buggers. :angry:

John.

I can't see the point to be honest. As soon as thet hit the water they're cold again almost instantly.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
This conversation has moved wildly off topic!

I suggest we concentrate on the important matters:

Is it or is it not acceptable to warm a maggot in ones mouth?

Rich

Yes ........but in yours of course. ;)

I went fishing a carp water yesterday with my girlfriend....she asked if we could could take a barbeque lol

I had to explain why we don't generally eat coarse fish, one, because we'd get thrown off promptly and the other as they don't taste too good.

Blanked...as usual lol

I can't see the point to be honest. As soon as thet hit the water they're cold again almost instantly.

Many would argue that takes often come within seconds of the bait entering the water. If your maggots kick for an extra 5-6 seconds, that may be all that is required to turn a blank session into a productive session. Even still, I prefer to keep mine in my pocket. I never could get into the mouthwatering flavours of fly-larvae, rotten meat or ammonia. It must be an acquired taste.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest Rabbit
Neil, where do you get your info from?

http://www.meetpoland.com/fishing-in-polan...-in-poland.html

http://polandpoland.com/fishing_poland.html

It doesn't mention gudgeon though.

I tried to google a recipe for you, but failed, and I can't find my Mrs Beeton. :(

You've been plugging this for ages now, despite the polls we've run, (which you insist doesn't include 'normal' anglers). I know some are a bit odd on here, but I wouldn't call them abnormal.

You don't like livebaiting, or taking a fish for the pot, that's fine. I don't like bolt rigs, commercials and electronic alarms, so I don't use them.

May I suggest that you don't do the things you don't like, and leave the rest of us 'barbarians' to do our thing.

John (Your "Top Man" :P ).

Naive John Naive it's advertising to catch the gullible, check out the statement Poles eat what they catch, check out Matt Hayes while you are at it, spent a week looking to catch Pike, anything caught just one jack pike.

Barbarians ? ah well, surprising what too much time on the keyboard can do with the mind, still if you happy with that tag so be it. but I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself.

i too do not like bolt rigs electronic alarms and commercials, so you are just one small step fro mbeing the complete angler :D

Go on you can do it, and then you can really earn the top man accolade.

Don't eat the catch. :D

First time I've been called naive (plenty of other things including pompous and top man, eh Neil :rolleyes: )

Matt Hayes? Ain't he one of them 'celebrity' anglers? Don't have much time for them.

I googled it and was it the one he made about 4-5 years ago? 'Lake Escapes'?

Obviously I've not seen it so cannot comment, apart from I remember a well known, successful southern match angler coming up here and struggling so much he vowed he'd never come back. So you see it happens to the best at times. :)

From looking at various sites on the net, travel and forums, it seems that it depends a lot on where in the country you go as to how good the fishing is. Much like anywhere else I suppose.

I never claim to be the "complete angler". Just one who enjoys what he does. Uses a keepnet on occasions, takes the odd fish for the pot, unhook most of my fish without the use of a mat, and one or two other things that are frowned upon these days.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Many would argue that takes often come within seconds of the bait entering the water. If your maggots kick for an extra 5-6 seconds, that may be all that is required to turn a blank session into a productive session. Even still, I prefer to keep mine in my pocket. I never could get into the mouthwatering flavours of fly-larvae, rotten meat or ammonia. It must be an acquired taste.

Good point. I don't think i'd like that taste either, maybe a little salt and pepper?

First time I've been called naive (plenty of other things including pompous and top man, eh Neil :rolleyes: )

Matt Hayes? Ain't he one of them 'celebrity' anglers? Don't have much time for them.

I googled it and was it the one he made about 4-5 years ago? 'Lake Escapes'?

Obviously I've not seen it so cannot comment, apart from I remember a well known, successful southern match angler coming up here and struggling so much he vowed he'd never come back. So you see it happens to the best at times. :)

From looking at various sites on the net, travel and forums, it seems that it depends a lot on where in the country you go as to how good the fishing is. Much like anywhere else I suppose.

I never claim to be the "complete angler". Just one who enjoys what he does. Uses a keepnet on occasions, takes the odd fish for the pot, unhook most of my fish without the use of a mat, and one or two other things that are frowned upon these days.

John.

I saw a Matt Hayes clip on youtube where he caught a 20+ lb pike 'apparently' within 15 minutes of getting to the Gravel pit...and all by 'matching the hatch' lol I do wonder how long they had to wait for that take! The power of editing eh.

Fuel is overtaxed, same with food, Alcohol and many things. Smokers aren't victimised by tax. I think non- smokers were treated unfairly by smokers for a lot longer. Not that I see my opinion as unfair. It was a just my view, it was also an honest question. What is unfair about their current situation? If you think the non-smokers attitude is patronising and high and mighty, why do you think that could be? We didn't exactly enjoy the times we came out of pubs with tickly throats and smelly clothes. A lot of non-smokers see the smokers view in the same light, because they seem to think they and their habits are more important than the general publics health. I honestly can't see how it is acceptable to poison a public place where people should have the right to enjoy without the risk on their health. Please enlighten me.

I don't think many of your arguements are wrong. My issue is one of tone, and the inflamatory nature of some remarks.

With regards to hypocracy, here's an example: Somebody who comments about smokers poisoning other people with their smoke in public, but then drive around in a car.

I am not condoning smoking in public places. I agree with the smoking ban in pubs and am happy with it, so long as there is decent and sufficient area outside for people to smoke. Just as I think roads should be properly surfaced for people to drive upon.

I hope I leave you enlightened. :)

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

IWith regards to hypocracy, here's an example: Somebody who comments about smokers poisoning other people with their smoke in public, but then drive around in a car.

That was my late father response, he smoked but never owned or drove a car. he added that being short in stature it was worse for him as he was closer the exahust pipes than most of us.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"