live baiting for perch

oneillbox

It's all swings and roundabouts. I suppose if you use dead baits they were living once and had to be killed for the purpose. I'm not really sure how it works. I'm not dead against anything, each to their own. My view on smoking wasn't that nobody should do it because I don't, just that they should do it where it only effects them or other smokers. I'm quite happy for people to smoke, it is their choice as long as I have the choice not to breathe it.

If I can hazard a guess Budgies thinking, then that is why I asked you to define "cruel" in the earlier post.

It's such an emotive word that using it in the context of one part of angling, can have a knock on effect on angling in general.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SPS.Yes its all back to this thing of choice.

I asked about the cruelty/killing thing as often people say its cruel to stick a hook in a livebait but not cruel to catch one in the first place! This is the best example of the "confused" logic some anglers show.

Also (as SPS points out) the deads brought from the tackle shop/fishmongers were indeed living once!

I can accept someone not liking the idea of live baiting,Im even prepared to accept that they think its "cruel" or any other non factual ,purely emotional reason.Its their right and I have no worries at all about it.Their choice is an importantly defended "right" BUT if some one is telling me that its wrong or they are trying to ban it then I think I have the "right" to expect them to offer at least a rational,factual reason for saying/doing so. If they cant then they are simply trying to remove my "right" of choice so loose any "moral high ground" they may feel they have gained.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

If I can hazard a guess Budgies thinking, then that is why I asked you to define "cruel" in the earlier post.

It's such an emotive word that using it in the context of one part of angling, can have a knock on effect on angling in general.

John.

Yup your right mate!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!