BOLOGNESE RODS - WHICH ONE

sherlockofsheff

{Admin note 2009: to view bolognese rods for sale, sometimes known as 'bolo rods', please click here}

Hi

I'm looking to purchase a bolognese rod for fishing the trent derwent and don and am looking for advice from those in the know as to which one to plump for. Looking at the fishermans friend advert in this weeks angling times i've found the following very attractive deals.

Abu ambassador elite match power 18ft - £109 rrp £189

Browning Syntec 18/20ft - £109 rrp £179

Maver abyss match 20ft - £119 rrp £170

Mitchell supreme 6m bolo - £79 rrp £209

Map concept match 18/20ft - £99 rrp £170

Normark crusader 15/20ft - £137 rrp £275

Diawa harrier 20ft - £99 rrp £199

On paper it looks like the Normark is a lot of rod for the money, however I've got the John Wlson Avon quiver and with the 2ft extension it becomes very noticibly tip heavy and unbalanced.

Views from the owners of any of the above rods much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

{Admin note 2009: to view bolognese rods for sale, sometimes known as 'bolo rods', please click here}

Ask Me, he will know :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Bolognese Style Fishing

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Your right to be cautious, a long rod can be difficult to use!

Some years ago I convinced myself I needed a long rod for river trotting. My local tackle shop sold me a Drennan 16' job, lovely rod but trying holding it all day mending the line etc. Not much fun, so I didn't persevere too long!

As to RRP, within fishing this means diddlysquat!

You only have to look through the adverts in the mags to see everything is discounted by everyone! ( Possible exception might be Drennan rods ?)

The only way to be sure is to get your hands on one and put it through it's paces.

Hope this helps

Hello

I have a map concept 18/20 and am very happy with it, its better at 18feet but still usable at 20 . I have had carp to 10lbs on it and it handled them easily. Its also crisp enough at 18 feet to take roach on the stick. Has a lot of power in the mid region of the blank.

good luck

ADAM

What about a Tri cast John Allerton 18 footer. Top quality rods, expensive but sheer quality.