BOLOGNESE RODS - WHICH ONE

sherlockofsheff

• 4 years later...
Hi

I'm looking to purchase a bolognese rod for fishing the trent derwent and don and am looking for advice from those in the know as to which one to plump for. Looking at the fishermans friend advert in this weeks angling times i've found the following very attractive deals.

Abu ambassador elite match power 18ft - £109 rrp £189

Browning Syntec 18/20ft - £109 rrp £179

Maver abyss match 20ft - £119 rrp £170

Mitchell supreme 6m bolo - £79 rrp £209

Map concept match 18/20ft - £99 rrp £170

Normark crusader 15/20ft - £137 rrp £275

Diawa harrier 20ft - £99 rrp £199

On paper it looks like the Normark is a lot of rod for the money, however I've got the John Wlson Avon quiver and with the 2ft extension it becomes very noticibly tip heavy and unbalanced.

Views from the owners of any of the above rods much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

{Admin note 2009: to view bolognese rods for sale, sometimes known as 'bolo rods', please click here}

• 2 years later...

Hi Glenric and welcome to Anglers' Net. This topic started in 2004 and the topic starter hasn't been around for a few years now. If you are interested in this style rod, open a new topic and I imagine you will get some decent advice on what to look for and possibly some specific rods you might like.

I'm going to close this oldie now.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President