OK, I don't want to become "the complete" Carp fisherman....

Old geezer

If you scroll back to about 9:40 you will see it action catching a small carp...bite indication is just bob...bob....GONE! Lol!

Awesome way to fish if you can find a nice quiet sheltered area against some reeds etc

I've used it with meat, maggots and sweet corn but it should handle most baits.

As for my fanny pack:

It has:

2 pen rod extremes

1 pen rod Goliath

1 mx15 AA rear drag real for above

1 centrepin reel for above

Float box with selection of wagglers, weights, hooks, rubbers and ledgers

Small maggot pot

And some spare line.

That's about it! I couple it with a telescopic landing net, roll up unhooking mat, and if I'm feeling luxurious either a tripod stool or a Shakespeare travel chair.

That kit sits in the boot of my car about 90% of the time...and I know I can handle most fishing with it if I so choose!!

If I know I'll be hitting bigger fish or have a good chance of it then I just clip on my Shimano tribal stc take down in its tube and drop my Shimano catana reel in the pack! That combo will tackle mid twenties and bigger easily!!

It all goes on my waist! I've even modified one of the pouches to act as a holster for the landing net!

Yes please!

Here ya go

1361125462060.jpg

It's a Mad Dog fanny pack,

Shimano tribal rod and Daiwa telescopic net

Then.....

1361125652282.jpg

All of this comes out!!

The Shimano is expensive for sure...but it's 2.75 test curve and goes 6 foot 6 or 7 foot 6...it's super light and really tactile to fish with.

You could go far cheaper with a Shakespeare odyssey telescopic or an Avanti (dragon carp direct) travel float rod..both will do what you want.

You can see the three pen rods in the centre, they are fully telescopic and got just over 5 foot. The three reels are just next to them... Ultra light tackle but I have landed my PB carp on one at 17.5 lbs and the current world record carp on one is 21lb!!

Pouches on left are small multi tool and bread punches.

So with a bit of thought its not that hard to set up a kit and have it ready to go no matter where you are!!

The only thing I didn't photo here is my Catana reel...but if you go for a 4000 or 3600 rear dag they are small enough to fit in any fanny pack anyway! And they are superb quality!!

You can even get telescopic bank sticks! So no reason at all to be burdened with heavy kit!!

The only extra I would carry is the mat and chair.

Add a loaf of bread and a bag of feeder pellets and your days fishing is good to go!! :)

Edited by kirisute

Lol! Depends how you enjoy your fishing!

I can be set up and fishing in five minutes whilst others will still be hammering in bank sticks and mixing up spod bait!!

If I go "full kit" then I do get a bit heavier.....I use a Shimano tribal rucksack! Lol! And not the biggest in the range either!! Lol!

In fact if you watch the start of the video I posted earlier you will see me virtually " kitted out" lol

Just add a chair and that's me!

I always smile when I see the guys lugging all their stuff about! Even my brother and father carry so much crap it's shocking!

Edited by kirisute

Interesting!

I've been lure fishing for several seasons, partly because I had to get the kit down to a level I could carry on a push bike. Alas, I'm so rubbish at lure fishing I'm going to try some regular bait fishing again. This methodology looks to be just the job... even though I have a car again now :-)

Kind regards,

Derek