Hewlett Packard 1100 laser printer, anyone got one?

Alan Taylor

Hi All,

if anyone has a HP1100laser printer and the book that goes with it could you please help me out.

I don't clean printers normally but have been asked by a friend if I can help him out. He is getting several pages out at the same time.

He had the same problem a couple of months ago and I just ran some sheets of AF Printclene through the printer. It worked for a while but now I think the rollers need cleaning.

How do I get inside? There are 2 phillips head screws at the back, if I take these out will the entire cover come away?

If anyone can email the relevant page of the instruction manual it would be much appreciated.

I have the correct AF printer cleaning kit materials.

Let me know that mail is on the way please so that others do not go out of there way to help and duplicate the original effort.

Thanks all.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

See if you can get any ideas from Here or from Here .

[ 13 March 2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

[/url].

Thanks Newt, that was just the job.

After posting the topic I checked around a few places and they all said the same thing "after 18 months of use the problems started".

I will get back to them and pass on your advice and sugest they get rid of them.

Are there any fairly trouble free laser printers around?

I am glad I did'nt try to sort it this morning.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

There are some great ones out there. Depends on what print vol., if they want a network one or parallel, and a few other criteria.

Give me some specs and I can make a recommendation or two.

Unfortunately, the multi-functions ones seem like a great idea but tend to be problem children.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

whatever laser printer you have here is a couple of tips ,could save a lot of money or even your life.

1) NEVER use anything to clean the transfer roller (usually green) the SLIGHTEST scratch will show up on every print ,do not expose the roller to light.

2)NEVER use a domestic hoover to clean up spilt toner.as toner is extremly combustable if it gets into the spark from the brushes in the hoover kaboom

also a static charge is formed at the nozzel of the hoover which can damage the transfer roller and also any exposed circuitry could be zapped (but rare)

3)if a print comes through unfixed (ink comes of the page)it is usually the heater element (used to be a heat tube but now a thin strip of metal,the tubes can be swapped from other machines,but the strips cannot be repaired ,their cost usually is half the cost of a new printer.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson