Organ Donation

Newt

Just wondering how this is treated in the UK.

US, we have block on the driver's license to check if you want to donate (after death of course).

Generally though of as a good thing.

I read somewhere that instead of thinking, "I'm giving up a part of my body to keep someone else alive" it is better to think of it as "Someone is giving most of their body to keep one of my part alive". :)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i will never carry a card ,if a high ranking gov official urgently needs an organ and i happen to match his (whatever it is) who`s to say that if i am in hospital after an accident ,i may suddenly suffer a (unfortunate ) heart attack and mr official suddenly gets his organ.

if i am going to have a operation and i need blood i cannot " bank " my own ,i think you can in other civilised countries .

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

i will never carry a card ,if a high ranking gov official urgently needs an organ and i happen to match his (whatever it is) who`s to say that if i am in hospital after an accident ,i may suddenly suffer a (unfortunate ) heart attack and mr official suddenly gets his organ.

if i am going to have a operation and i need blood i cannot " bank " my own ,i think you can in other civilised countries .

First thing is that for the standard donor card they don't tissue match until you're dead (or at the point where only machines are keeping you alive) so you'd have to die before they'd know if you matched or not. They will then still have to ask the relatives for permission.

second thing - do you *really* *really* think that doctors would kill you to save a politician or indeed anybody? That's such a remote possibility that it makes most government conspiracy theories look positively like written in stone fact! If that is your genuine reason for not carrying a donor card then I'm amazed that you sleep at nights and aren't living in a sealed up nuclear bunker :D

If you wanted to bank your own blood you'd have to donate monthly as it doesn't last much beyond that. And if you needed several pints for a major operation there's no way you'd be able to do it. I think the only exception is for people with such rare blood types that there are only a few people in the country and in these instances people are practically donating for themselves. Can you imagine the logistics of people donating for themselves, and what if you get rushed into a different hospital miles from anywhere - no chance of getting your blood there in time to save you. The other thing you may be thinking of is where they allow patients to donate blood in the few weeks before scheduled surgery so that your own blood can be used in the procedure. This definitely happens in the USA but I don't know if it does in this country

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

no its illegal to store your own blood here,

dont you find it strange that catergories of people are labled (dont revive) as seen in past press releases ,the people who declare you dead are doctors,strangly doctors also carry out organ transplants ,do not be fooled by our open policy what lies behind it would frighten anyone ,all it needs though is some-one inside to spill the beans.

have you noticed how many people die in hospital nowadays ,even with our technology ,if we can cut a persons brain in half ,keep them alive and then teach them to live a normal life or completly remove a heart and then replace it with another one or a machine why do so many people die with tumours and coronary disease.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

What was that song by Black Sabbath? oh yes I remember " Paranoid!" :D:D:D

Dan,

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

unfortunatly in this world money speaks ,if i have something that someone else wants!!!!!

look at india people selling kidneys ,the west jumps in and buys them ,after all if no one bought them they be valueless.

china selling organs from executed prisoners ,if no-one bought them they`d be value-less and would these prisoners be executed???

i always find it strange year after year the same polititions crop up ,those who "retire " end up in the lords ,is it hush money ,we may shout paranoid now but when it comes out as with b.s.e. etc THENS the time for paranoia

chesters1 - Whew. Glad to see you are back to your old self again. The "sweet reason" guy made me wonder if the real you had been captured by aliens and taken away. :D

Do I gather from your responses that you have opted NOT to be an organ donor?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President