Another chub blank

Anderoo

I struggled in Oxford on the Thames even with the flow looking pretty spot on. I fished all afternoon and a couple hours into dark for 0 chub. Had a few roach but no sign of chub at all. I spoke to some other mobile chubbers at the beginning and end of my efforts and they'd managed a handful of chub to 6lb-2 but mainly from a back river. I didn't feel bad about being out-chubbed by them as at least one of them is a VERY good specimen angler and they fished about 5 or 6 rods between them.

It did get VERY cold even in town at about 7pm and my net also froze. Once the flask ran out at 8 I wasn't going to last much longer.

Stuck it out till 9pm without even a touch in what has been a banker bit in the past namely right underneath the other boats ,frozen net and the lure of a pint of good old boy in a toasty warm boat ended my hunt for the evening steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I have mislaid my isotopes, so shall soon have to pack up, fishless on current performance, but what a lovely evening:

A9ABEDAB-F4F1-48AA-8502-8596D7DFF4A9-308

Pah isotopes you wan`t to get some of my industrial strength starlights mate...on second thoughts you may be a bit close to the Fairford flight path for that

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I have mislaid my isotopes, so shall soon have to pack up, fishless on current performance, but what a lovely evening:

Switch off all the lights in the house and you should find them :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Switch off all the lights in the house and you should find them :D

use my dodgy starlights band you never need to turn the lights on lol

I had 2 nice chub yesterday - targeting roach on the kennet!

Both were really sluggish and until I netted them I had no idea what was on the other end - heavy yes (best 4.14) - going mental like they normally do no - they just nodded and stayed low - I thought I had hooked bream. The kennet was really clear and really cold and still steaming through at least twice its normal speed for the time of year - interestingly both fish had leeches on them which would indicate to me that they weren't on the prowl - maybe this explains what we are all experiencing this year. Personally I have never ever caught chub with leeches on - even in really low temperatures.

Both fish were taken on the first 2 casts of the afternoon on punched bread on an 18 and both were hooked right at the front of the top lip. Methinks they weren't that hungry and I just ran a bait past them in the right time and place.

M

I had 2 nice chub yesterday - targeting roach on the kennet!

Both were really sluggish and until I netted them I had no idea what was on the other end - heavy yes (best 4.14) - going mental like they normally do no - they just nodded and stayed low - I thought I had hooked bream. The kennet was really clear and really cold and still steaming through at least twice its normal speed for the time of year - interestingly both fish had leeches on them which would indicate to me that they weren't on the prowl - maybe this explains what we are all experiencing this year. Personally I have never ever caught chub with leeches on - even in really low temperatures.

Both fish were taken on the first 2 casts of the afternoon on punched bread on an 18 and both were hooked right at the front of the top lip. Methinks they weren't that hungry and I just ran a bait past them in the right time and place.

M

Matthew well done ....Chub with leeches whatever next....sheltering out of the flow torpid like maybe.

I supose they just wanted a moving bait ,the ones on my bit were not where i expected

Cheers guys, interesting. Chub with leeches, it must be cold! 'My' chub certainly aren't behaving normally, I think unless we get some colour and warm water (but without the extra flow) I'm going to leave it this year and go back to the perch fishing for the last few days. It's a shame but it's not right. The 5.12 I had the other day was a long fish with a big frame, but had no weight to it. Same as the 3lber, they looked like they hadn't eaten all winter, which they probably haven't.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music