Another chub blank

Anderoo

Ouch, hopefully angling karma will pay you back for that Steve, how annoying.

Yes it was your excited as conditions look good no other anglers around and looking forward to seeing my nuke tipped starlights dance in the dark and snap

GRR 20 min drive back home and couldnt be arsed to repeat that again in the mood that had overtaken me as the women trying to force her way against right of way in the narrow bit of road on the way home found out argh Chelsea tractors room 101.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

That is a worry I have, I only ever take one rod and one reel when I go chubbing, so if anything happens that's it. I'm always clambering through trees and often in the dark, it's a wonder I haven't snapped a few quivertips by now as well.

I did have a reel go on me a couple of years ago when chubbing on the Thames after dark - it happened in the middle of a brutal under the rod tip fight next to a load of hawthorn branches and roots, and I had to play the fish in fly fishing style...completely terrifying and also very painful when 6lb mono is pulled quickly through your hands!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

That sounds scary in a will i loose the fish way...did you bank her? lesson learned here gonna take a spare rod reel and leave in the car covered up just in case Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I did amazingly, luckily I had Chris there to help. It was pretty funny after the event!

Just managed to swing this afternoon off work, so the 4 bags of dried bread will soon be mashed and introduced to several spots, ready to lower a big lump of flake in after dark... Can't wait :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Cheers Matthew. I'm at the river now and boy is it good to be here, there have been so few opportunities to fish the rivers this winter. Seven nice looking spots have been baited liberally with mash and I'm sitting at the furthest one waiting for dark. It feels quite mild compared to recent days and the river looks in very nice winter trim. It will be very interesting to see whether these chub have been there all along or not. It's still possible that there was nothing wrong with the paste and the fish have just moved house! We shall soon see.